Lighting & Sound America
|Categories||Entertainment Technology Magazines|
|First issue||May 2004|
|Company||PLASA Media Inc|
Lighting & Sound America is an American entertainment technology magazine published in New York City by PLASA Media Inc, a commercial arm of the Professional Lighting and Sound Association (PLASA). Lighting & Sound America covers the broad range of the entertainment, presentation and events industries worldwide, including theatre, live touring, clubs, themed venues, corporate events and presentations, as well as in-depth profiles of people and companies involved in the lighting and sound industry.
Lighting & Sound America was launched in May 2004 in New York City, where it is still based now, under the editor-in-chief David Barbour, as a monthly magazine to the lighting and sound industries.
The magazine has collaborated with other large organisations within the industry on a number of different projects, such as the 2007 Staged Events Award and the 2005 InfoComm trade show in Las Vegas and has become a valuable resource for people working in the industry.
Lighting & Sound America is circulated to 17,000 subscribers each month, the vast majority of which are in North America.
- BPA Statement December 2010
- "Stagelink Live Entertainment Media". Stagelink. 2007-10-26. Archived from the original on 2007-10-18. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- "TEA Members Directory". TEA. 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- Providence College (2007-10-26). "Callback Theatre Alumni". Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- "About Lighting & Sound International". PLASA Media. 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- "Lighting & Sound America and InfoComm Announce Winners of 2007 Staged Events Awards". Lighting&Sound America and InfoComm International. 2007-06-18. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- finanznachrichten.de (2007-06-19). "Lighting & Sound America and InfoComm Announce Winners of 2007 Staged Events Awards". Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "ICIA and PLASA Media announce partnership". Lighting & Sound America and InfoComm International. 2005-06-01. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "Product Evaluations and Reviews". Mike Wood Consulting. 2007-11-09. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Fast Facts Lighting & Sound America.