Lightning Dust, October 2011
|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||Indie rock, goth|
|Associated acts||Black Mountain|
|Website||Lightning Dust - Archived|
Lightning Dust is a Canadian indie rock band formed in 2007 and based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The band is a side project of Amber Webber and Joshua Wells, both members of Black Mountain.
Wells and Weber formed Lightning Dust and began creating a sound that was softer and more melodic than Black Mountain's hard rock, with haunting, minimalist instrumentation and spooky, goth-like lyrics written by Webber. The band released its self-titled debut album on Jagjaguwar in 2007. The song "Wind Me Up" was featured as the free "Single of the Week" in the iTunes music store in Canada.
A third album, Fantasy, which featured synthesized music, drumming, some industrial instrumental work, all accompanying the band's spooky songs, was released June 25, 2013. This album included the song "Loaded Gun"; in 2014 it was used in French television series Série Noire, on SRC.
- Music of Canada
- Music of Vancouver
- Canadian rock
- List of Canadian musicians
- List of bands from Canada
- List of bands from British Columbia
- Category:Canadian musical groups
- "Lightning Dust Cool Down". Exclaim!, July 2007.
- "Revelling in the Gloom: Lightning Dust finds Black Mountain-eers trading psychedelic rock for Goth". !earshot, September 2007.
- "Part Of Black Mountain Struck By Lightning". Chart Attack - Mar 29, 2007
- Kevin Kampwirth (July 2007). "Lightening Dust". CMJ New Music Monthly. CMJ Network, Inc.: 39–. ISSN 1074-6978.
- " Lightning Dust Fantasy ". AllMusic Review by Fred Thomas
- "Black Mountain An Uncertain Future". Exclaim!, By Ian Gormely Apr 22, 2016
- "Pasa Tempos". Santa Fe New Mexican via Newspaper Archives. August 09, 2013 - Page 83
- "Lightning Dust Loaded Gun". Exclaim!, By Brock Thiessen. Jun 05, 2013