|Stable release||0.7.2 / March 16, 2013|
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD, Windows|
The Lightspark player is completely portable. It has been successfully built on Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) on PowerPC, x86, ARM and AMD64 architectures. Lightspark has a Win32 branch for Microsoft Visual Studio and introduced a Mozilla-compatible plug-in for Windows in version 0.5.3. Since then, the project hasn't seen any official Windows release, but newer versions are continuously built and made available through Jenkins.
Changes between versions:
|Lightspark version||Release date||Notes|
|16 March 2013||Improved image support: alpha in palettes, abbreviated JPEGs, improved embedded font parsing and text positioning, open links in a browser (plugin only), bitmapData improvements, fixed many crashes|
|32 December 2012||Fixes for YouTube, support for keyboard press and release events, mouse wheel events (and other mouse event improvements), LLVM 3.2,
implemented hit testing of DisplayObjects, parse JPEG images embedded in DefineBits tags, parse RGB15 and paletted images in DefineBitsLossless tags, improved XML support
|28 October 2012||Support for LZMA compression of SWF files through liblzma on client system; improved virtual machine performance and memory consumption; completely redesigned and improved masking support.|
|10 June 2012||Support for the BBC video player, initial support for Adobe AIR desktop applications, PulseAudio fixes, support for LLVM 3.1 and others|
|15 May 2012||"focus on Flash features used by games"|
|12 April 2012||Support for RPC and PNG|
|2 February 2012|
|1 December 2011||Adds a Windows port|
|22 September 2011||Adds EGL/GLES2 for Flash on ARM|
|Fixes YouTube breakage.|
|15 March 2011||Has added support for Gnash release 0.8.9.|
|Fixes YouTube breakage.|
|25 November 2010||Has experimental support for PowerPC Linux.|
- Lightspark 0.7.0 brings various improvements, accessed 2012-10-30
- Lightspark 0.7.0 released, accessed 2012-10-30
- "Lightspark flash player continues to advance". Linux.be. 2010-07-09. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Lightspark Windows port". launchpad.net. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- ""lightspark" 0.4.6-0ubuntu1 source package in The Natty Narwhal". Launchpad.net. 2011-03-15. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- "Email Archive: lightspark-devel". Sourceforge.net. 2010-08-02. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Project Lightspark-win32". 2012-10-28.
- See release notes on project’s download page
- Lightspark Now Handles Desktop AIR Applications, accessed 2012-06-11
- Lightspark 0.6.0.1 released, accessed 2012-06-11
- Lightspark 0.5.7 released
- Willis, Nathan. "Gnash, Lightspark, and Shumway". LWN.net. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Official website
- Developer's blog
- Lightspark at GitHub
- Lightspark at Launchpad
- Lightspark on SourceForge.net
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|