|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ligonier Ministries is a Reformed international Christian organization headquartered in the greater Orlando, Florida area. It was founded by R. C. Sproul in the Ligonier Valley, Pennsylvania outside of Pittsburgh in 1970. Ligonier's stated purpose is "to awaken as many people as possible to the holiness of God by proclaiming, teaching, and defending God’s holiness in all its fullness." Sproul and Ligonier are particularly known for their teaching of Reformed theology, of which Calvinism is an important facet.
They produce the Renewing Your Mind radio broadcasts, the Reformation Study Bible (ESV), and Tabletalk magazine. They also as publish books written by Sproul and other contemporary authors and theologians through the Reformation Trust Publishing imprint. The ministry offers teaching series, as well as offering undergraduate degrees through Reformation Bible College and a Doctor of Ministry and distance learning programs through Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies. Ligonier hosts national and regional conferences annually.
Ligonier's main activities include:
- Producing Renewing Your Mind, a daily radio and Internet broadcast wherein Sproul teaches systematic theology, reformed theology, and the Bible
- Publishing a monthly magazine called Tabletalk
- Selling and distributing audiobook, video and print materials by Sproul, John Gerstner, and others
- Publishing The Reformation Study Bible
- Holding conferences in Orlando and, in smaller form, elsewhere around the United States and Canada.
- Parsons, Burk. "Living Life Coram Deo, Before The Face Of God". Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- http://reformationbiblecollege.org/. Missing or empty
- http://www.ligonier.org/events/. Missing or empty
- Adulai, Ernest (September 1, 2015). "Renowned Christian Minister R.C. Sproul Jr. Suspended by Ligonier Ministries over Ashley Madison Visit". Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- Ligonier Ministries, official website