|Born||Maria (Puchyna) Lecka
May 12, 1985
Nikopol, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title||Miss Ukraine 2007|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Ukraine 2007
Miss World 2007
She subsequently represented Ukraine in Miss World 2006 in Gdansk, [Poland]]. She studied MBA for her higher education at the branch of Kiev Slavonic University in her city. Puchuna's father Grigoryy was a warehouse worker, and her mother Tamara was a construction worker. Masha used to work as a hairdresser while in school and spent her free time on dancing, playing piano and skiing.
In the winter of 2007, she toured the United States for the first time. She visited different TV channels, radio stations, newspapers and magazines. Also, she met with students and representatives of public organizations and took part in numerous talk-shows.
Views and beliefs
Lika Roman is also well known for her strong moral views. Even before participation in "Miss Ukraine 2007" she denied a few interesting propositions from different model agencies, referring to conflict between principles of the modeling industry and her personal beliefs. As well after winning National Beauty contest she refused many propositions from major modeling agencies stating that model business doesn't interest her. Miss Ukraine 2007 is an evangelical christian, so she declared that she was a virgin and she was proud of it. Also Lika announced that she thought that sex before marriage is wrong and it is a sin and contradicts to her personal views.
Even before participating "Miss Ukraine" Lika Roman was engaged in several charity activities in her native city Uzhhorod. After becoming the Miss Ukraine she continued her activities on the nationwide and international level. The number of themes interesting for Lika is quite wide but the main of them are preventing AIDS, purity before marriage, healthy lifestyle, ecology. She participates in number of talk-shows, conferences, seminars, discussions and interviews dedicated to these topics.
- "Miss Ukraine Lika Roman 2007: "Beauty - the notion of subjective, but the value is the essence of human"". Church of the Living God.
- "Miss Ukraine conquers American hearts by her sanctity". Embassy of God.
- ""Miss Ukraine-2007" Lika Roman: "Concerts on the Square do not interfere!"". The Newspaper of Our Region.
- http://ua-reporter.com/novosti/67139 UA-reporter.com: "Miss Ukraine 2007 claims Youth to.... keep purity"
- http://news.invictory.org/issue18533.html Invictory.org: Lika Roman answers to the questions of web-conferense Archived February 27, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
|This Ukrainian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|