Like It Like That (A Tribe Called Quest song)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Like It Like That"|
|Single by A Tribe Called Quest|
|from the album The Love Movement|
|B-side||"Pad & Pen"|
|Format||12" promo single|
|Genre||Alternative hip hop|
|Songwriter(s)||Kamaal Fareed, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Malik Taylor|
|A Tribe Called Quest singles chronology|
"Like It Like That" is the second single by hip hop group A Tribe Called Quest, from their album The Love Movement. The single was released solely as a promo-copy, had no music video, and received minimal radio airplay, being the only Tribe single not to reach any Billboard chart.
- "Like It Like That" (Radio Version)
- "Like It Like That" (Album Version)
- "Like It Like That" (Instrumental)
- "Pad & Pen" (featuring D-Life) (Radio Version)
- "Pad & Pen" (featuring D-Life) (Album Version)
- "Pad & Pen" (Instrumental)
Matt Kimmel of Western High School from Florida (via Sun-Sentinel) called this song his "personal favorite" and "a perfect jam that shows the group's true essence." He also wrote, "Smooth vocals, smart lyrics and amazing beats take your ears on a journey." The song was listed on the CMJ New Music Report Beat Box top 40 chart for at least twelve weeks as of March 1, 1999. It peaked at number ten.
- A Tribe Called Quest - Like It Like That / Pad & Pen Discogs. Accessed on November 17, 2010.
- Kimmel, Matt (January 29, 1999). "Teentime: Tribe's Quest Ends On A Powerful Note". Sun-Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
- CMJ New Music Report, March 1, 1999, issue