Like Minds film poster
|Directed by||Gregory J. Read|
|Produced by||Piers Tempest
|Written by||Gregory J. Read|
|Edited by||Mark Warner|
|Distributed by||Arclight Films
Like Minds is a 2006 Australian thriller film written and directed by Gregory J. Read. The film was produced by the South Australian Film Corporation. It debuted in Australia on 9 November 2006. The psychological thriller is the first Australian/UK co-production to be set in the UK in over a decade. Like Minds was retitled Murderous Intent for its 2007 U.S. DVD release.
Alex Forbes attends a boarding school where his father is principal. A new student, Nigel Colbie, is placed in Alex's room. Nigel has a father who is in the same secret society as Alex's father. Nigel, however, is unusual, and in Alex's words "had this morbid fascination with all things dead." Nigel keeps animals preserved in jars, and dissects them. Alex complains to his father, and Nigel is moved. But Alex can't seem to stop thinking about him. He does, however, start to flirt with a girl named Susan, whom Nigel kills. Later on, Nigel explained that there are a series of things that must happen for them to gain "eternity." 
- Eddie Redmayne as Alex Forbes
- Tom Sturridge as Nigel Colbie
- Toni Collette as Sally Rowe
- Richard Roxburgh as Sn. Dt. Martin McKenzie
- Cathryn Bradshaw as Helen Colbie
- Kate Maberly as Susan Mueller
- Patrick Malahide as Headmaster
- Jon Overton as George Campbell
- Henry Hereford as Tom Horsham
The film was shot on location in Yorkshire, England. and South Australia. Scenes in the hall were filmed in Bradford Grammar School, Bradford. The school chapel scenes were filmed outside and inside the chapel of Giggleswick School, near Settle, in North Yorkshire.
Like Minds grossed $34,840 at the box office in Australia.
- Kuipers, Richard (8 November 2006). "Like Minds". Variety. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- "Film Victoria - Australian Films at the Australian Box Office" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 March 2011.
|This article related to an Australian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|