Like Money (song)
From left: Yeeun, Yubin, Sohee, Sunye, Lim
|Single by Wonder Girls featuring Akon|
|from the album Wonder Best|
|Released||July 10, 2012 (U.S.)|
|Writer(s)||Teriy Keys, Cri$tyle, Lukas Hilbert|
|Producer(s)||Woo S. Rhee " RAINSTONE, Lukas Hilbert, Teriy Keys|
|Wonder Girls singles chronology|
"Like Money" is a single by the South Korean girl group Wonder Girls. The song features Senegalese-American singer Akon. The song and music video were released July 10, 2012. The song was sent to mainstream top 40 stations on September 17, 2012.
Prior to its release, the song was featured on their TV movie, The Wonder Girls, which aired on TeenNick.
The song was written by Cri$tyle, and Lukas Hilbert and produced by Woo S. Rhee " RAINSTONE" and Hilbert, with music by Aleksander Kronlund, Woo S. Rhee " RAINSTONE and Lukas Hilbert with additional executive production by Teriy Keys. The choreography was created by Jonte' Moaning, who previously created the choreography for "The DJ is Mine" and "Be My Baby".
Release and promotion
On July 4, 2012 the first teaser for the music video of "Like Money" was released, showcasing a "space" concept.
JYPE revealed that a special artist would be collaborating with the girls on the song who had amassed over 40 million likes on Facebook. A teaser released on July 6 confirmed the featuring artist to be Akon. In addition, Johnny Wujek was revealed as the stylist for the video; he is also Katy Perry's stylist and a cast member of America's Next Top Model, Cycle 19.
The first live performances of the song took place at the Green Groove Festival 2012 on July 21 and at Chungcheongnam-do’s Boryeung seaside on July 22.
|1.||"Like Money (featuring Akon)"||Cri$tyle, Lukas Hilbert,||Lukas Hilbert, Woo S. Rhee " RAINSTONE,||3:30|
In its first week of release the song debuted at number 11 in South Korea with 161,542 downloads. By the end of August 2012 the song was downloaded 583,737 times in South Korea alone, making the song one of the best-selling English-language songs of the year in Korea.
|Gaon Single Chart (South Korea)||11|
|K-Pop Billboard Hot 100||14|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
- Greenwald, David. Wonder Girls Debut 'Like Money' Single, Video Featuring Akon. Billboard. July 9, 2012. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- "BMI Artist Registry". BMI. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Hicap, Jonathan M. Wonder Girls, Akon collaborate on 'Like Money'. Manila Bulletin. July 10, 2012. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- "Like Money Listed Single Credits". Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Wonder Girls and Akon to Perform Collaboration Single ‘Like Money’ For First Time. enewsWorld. July 9, 2012. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- K-Pop Hot 100: 2NE1 and T-ara Overthrow SISTAR. Billboard. July 15, 2012. Retrieved July 21, 2012.