Miller in 2009
|Birth name||Percy Romeo Miller, Jr.|
|Also known as||Lil' Romeo, Rome, Romeo, Maserati Rome|
August 19, 1989 |
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
|Labels||No Limit Forever (CEO) (2010–present)
The Next Generation (CEO) (2010–present)
Percy Romeo Miller, Jr (born August 19, 1989), better known by his stage name Romeo (previously Lil' Romeo), is an American rapper, actor, basketball player, entrepreneur, and model. Miller is the son of well known rap mogul Master P, Miller's music has been released on Priority Records, Universal Records & Koch Records along with his former record label's No Limit Records, The New No Limit, Guttar Music, Take A Stand, The Next Generation & his current label No Limit Forever. Miller still holds the spot of the youngest person to hit #1 on the Billboard 200, a record that was previously held by music icon Michael Jackson.
Miller gained fame & success in the early 2000's after signing with his father's popular & successful label at the time No Limit Records with the help of his debut single & most successful single to date "My Baby" which went on to be certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) it established Miller as the youngest person to achieve the #1 spot on the Billboard 200. In 2001 Miller released his debut & most successful album to date Lil 'Romeo it charted the US Billboard 200 at number six & went on to be certified gold, selling over 500,000 copies.
In the later 2000s, as No Limit Records popularity was slowly declining, so was Miller's. Miller would then sign to his father's relaunch label New No Limit Records. In 2002 Miller would then release his second album entitled Game Time it charted the US Billboard 200 at number thirty-three. In 2004 Miller would then release his third album Romeoland it would chart on the US Billboard 200 at number seventy. In 2005 Nickelodeon would then offer Miller his own show entitled Romeo! the show was very successful on the network & would go on to premier for three season's.
In 2006 Miller would release his independent album entitled Lottery it charted Billboard 200 at forty. In 2006 Miller released the soundtrack to his movie God's Gift, it was his first album released with his name changed to Romeo & his first album to be explicit. In 2007 Miller would then later be offered & accept a scholarship to play for the USC Trojans, Miller would play for the team until 2010.
In the 2011 Miller starred in the highly successful film, Jumping the Broom. Miller would also star in the highley successful 2012 Tyler Perry film Madea's Witness Protection. As of 2008 Miller is currently working on his fourth studio album slated for release in 2014.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Music career
- 3 Other ventures
- 4 Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Awards and nominations
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Miller was born in New Orleans. He is the son of rapper and entrepreneur Master P and former rapper Sonya C. He is the nephew of rappers C-Murder and Silkk the Shocker, cousin of producer, singer & rapper Mo B. Dick and the brother of singer and actress Cymphonique Miller. Romeo was signed to No Limit at the age of five, after he wrote a rap to his father.
2001: Lil' Romeo
He released his debut album seven years later, titled after his original alias Lil' Romeo. This offering contained the hit single "My Baby" that charted No. 1 . R&B/Hip-hop Singles. The album peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 and No. 5 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, selling more than 200,000 copies in its first week out soon making it certified Gold. The album is now Miller's highest selling album selling 800,000 copies. Also in 2001 he was featured on his uncle Silkk the Shocker's remix single of "That's Kool", which was also featured on his own album.
2002–2003: Game Time
In 2002, a year later after his debut album, Miller put out his second studio album, Game Time. It peaked at No. 33 on the Billboard 200 and No. 10 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums selling close to 80,000 copies the first week . It spawned the billboard charting single "2-Way" that charted to No. 66 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. It also spawned the album second single "True Love" which charted at No. 16 under the Hot 100 Singles. Though not as successful on the charts as Miller's debut album it was successful in sales for selling 450,000 copies. The Album is Certified Gold by the RIAA for shipment of 500,000 copies making this his second Gold album.
In 2004, Miller released his first independent album Romeoland, which was not as successful as his last two studio albums selling 30,000 the first week, but still managed to sell over 300,000 copies in the United States. It was also the last studio album to feature Miller billed as Lil' Romeo. In 2005 Romeo along with his brother Valentino Miller who was known as Young V at that time and their three cousins C-Los, Lil' D & Willie J formed the group Rich Boyz & released their debut album Young Ballers: The Hood Been Good to Us which sold 30,000 the first week and sold over 100,000 copies worldwide. In 2006 Miller released a compilation album entitled Greatest Hits the album featured all of his hit songs when Miller was billed as Lil' Romeo. In 2006 Romeo released the two albums Lottery & God's Gift on the new label owned by himself and his father Master P, entitled Guttar Music. Lottery served as Miller's second independent release while God's Gift served as a soundtrack to a movie with the same name the soundtrack went to sell 353,000 to date . God's Gift was also Miller's first album to use the name Romeo and to have explicit language. The two albums were also known for containing Miller's single "U Can't Shine Like Me" which was a direct response to Bow Wow, who fans thought dissed Miller in his song "Fresh Azimiz". In 2007 Miller released a collaboration album with his father Master P titled Hip Hop History it sold 34,000 the first week and sold 70,000 records worldwide.
2008–present: Other projects and Intelligent Hoodlum
In 2008, Miller stated he was working on his fourth studio album entitled Gumbo Station. On June 17, 2008 Miller released the first single from the album which was "Get Low Wit It" which featured Akon & his brother Valentino Miller it failed to gain success on the Billboard charts.
On March 3, 2009, Romeo released a compilation entitled Get Low LP that contained songs that were supposed to be on Gumbo Station. It debuted at No. 149 on the Billboard 200 with 5,000 copies and as of May 5, 2009 it has sold over 20,000 copies. In 2010 Romeo confirmed that he was still working on his fourth studio album but he changed the name of the album to The College Boy. Romeo then announced that the title of the album was going to be I Am No Limit.
On January 19, 2010, Romeo released the first promotional single for the album entitled "Tell Me A Million Times" that featured Tempo. Then on January 26, 2010 Romeo released the second promotional single for the album entitled "Ice Cream Man Jr." which was a tribute to his dad Master P. On February 16, 2010 Miller released his debut mixtape Patience Is A Virtue to promote the album. Then on March 2, 2010 Romeo released two EPs to promote the album which were the Famous Girl & Monster/Practice. Also In 2010 Miller debuted his newly founded record label The Next Generation Entertainment with his new group the College Boyys. They released a collaboration album on May 25, 2010 entitled Spring Break which sold over 55,000 copies the first week and evidently sold over 220,000 copies worldwide.[dead link] Miller also on this day released three singles which were "You" that featured D'Anna & Lil Twist, "She Bad" that featured Millers cousins Lil' D & Black Don & "They Dont Know" but all of the singles failed to reach the charts. Romeo also performed at the 2010 Hip Hop Honors along with his brother Valentino Miller, his cousins Lil' D & Black Don, & his uncle Silkk The Shocker, along with Trina, Gucci Mane & Mystikal to honor his dad Master P & No Limit Records. In late 2010 Romeo relaunched No Limit as No Limit Forever Romeo also confirmed that he has changed the name of the album from I Am No Limit to Intelligent Hoodlum.
In 2011, it was confirmed that Romeo was going on a new tour with his dad Master P & his uncle Silkk the Shocker the tour was entitled ”No Limit Forever International". On January 11, 2011, Romeo released his EP Dont Push Me. On May 3, 2011 Romeo released the first official single from Intelligent Hoodlum called "Famous Girl (Remix)" which was really the mastered version of the original. It still featured appearances from Sean Kingston & Miller's cousin Black Don. On August 19, 2011 Romeo released his I Am No Limit mixtape which was originally supposed to be his fourth studio album. Miller decided it would be best to just release it as a mixtape for his fans.
In 2012, Romeo formed a new group called RESQ3 they released their first single "The Only One" and they are supposed to be releasing an album some time. Miller's new group (Resq3) also consist of hits such as "Right Along" & "No One Else Like You". Even though Romeo has created his new group, he is still working & planning on releasing his fourth studio album Intelligent Hoodlum. On April 12, 2012 he released his first single from the album entitled "Hug Me Forever" which features his brother Valentino & his artist Kyros. He has already shot the official music video for it. On May 19, 2012, Romeo released the music video for "Hug Me Forever." It was directed by Corey Molina of Creative Dream Productions. On August 15, 2012 Romeo announced that had been working on a new mixtape entitled Inception it was released on August 19, 2012.
It is currently known as of late 2013, that Miller is still working & planning to release his fourth studio album, but he is also working on a new mixtape entitled Rome Everything slated for release in 2014.
Miller started his acting career with a cameo appearance in the 2001 film Max Keeble's Big Move. He later co-starred with Jessica Alba, Mekhi Phifer and Zachary Isaiah Williams in the film Honey (2003). In Honey, his supporting character was Benny, a young boy looking for a break. In 2003, he voiced himself on an episode of the animated series, Static Shock, to which he had performed the theme song. He starred in another movie with Zachary Isaiah Williams, God's Gift, which came out in 2006. He then went on to co-star with his dad in a movie called Uncle P in 2007. His next project in 2007, was a film called ASL in which he starred as himself, Romeo, alongside Forrest Lipton and Zachary Isaiah Williams who played the young Romeo; Williams had previously co-starred with Romeo in Honey and Nickelodeon's Romeo!. Recently, Miller made a cameo appearance in Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide as a rapping coach for the teachers. He then guest-starred as a rapper accused of murder in the 2010 CBS series, The Defenders and acted in the highly successful film, Jumping the Broom, released in May 2011. In 2011, he also starred in TV commercials for McDonald's & ICDC Colleges. In 2012 Miller starred in Tyler Perry's film "Madea's Witness Protection". He played as Jake, a young man who is trying to get his money back from a ponzi scheme for his father's church and his retirement. In 2012, he participated in Fox's dating game show The Choice. He was a special guest star on the Nick News with Linda Ellerbee episode If Only I Were An Only Child: The Top 10 Annoying Things My Siblings Do which aired on Nickelodeon on May 13, 2013, on which Romeo (among others) talked about annoying things his siblings did, one of which was his brother took his shoes that Romeo was planning to wear, so he could show them to a girl he liked.
On July 24, 2010, Romeo launched his own clothing line titled "College Boyys." The brand has been promoted by Miller, his new group the College Boyys, and also artists such as Justin Bieber, Big Time Rush & Jaden Smith. Romeo stated
|“||"When I was a kid, I used to lick markers on my t-shirt ‘I’m going to college’ and that imprint stuck in my head and made a difference to me in my life, turning it into a reality. I want to implant the same positive message to young boys as they dress themselves each day with a feeling of success. They can look in the mirror at themselves with a positive goal in mind for their bright future knowing that going to college can make a big difference in their lives.” College Boyys clothing style is classy, cool, and urban with a message: “It’s actually cool to be smart."||”|
|Percy Miller, Jr.|
|Nickname||Romeo, Prince P|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg)|
August 19, 1989 |
New Orleans, Louisiana
|High school||Beverly Hills High School|
|2009 NCAA Tournament|
Romeo was invited, in the summer of 2006, to the Reebok-sponsored ABCD Camp, which is considered the premier basketball camp in the United States. The Teaneck, New Jersey-based ABCD Camp is an invitation-only basketball showcase previously attended by high-profile players including Kobe Bryant, Stephon Marbury, Tracy McGrady, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Surrounded by future NBA players such as O. J. Mayo, Derrick Rose, and Kevin Love, Miller looked out of place and averaged less than 2 points a game throughout the camp. The Wall Street Journal made an article on March 8, entitled "A Hot Prospect," cites Sonny Vaccaro, the longtime director of the ABCD Camp, as explaining, "he invited Romeo Miller to the 2006 camp, primarily as a favor to Percy Miller, whom he knew from the club basketball circuit." In the article, Vaccaro indicated, "If you're looking for the profile of an athlete who plays basketball at USC, he's not it."
On April 13, 2007, Miller verbally committed to the University of Southern California (USC) and signed a letter of intent on November 19, 2007.
Miller, a 5'11" point guard, played one year at Windward High School before he transferred and became a three-year starter at Beverly Hills High School. As a junior, during the 2005–2006 high school season, he averaged 13.9 points and 5.6 assists per game. As a senior, during the 2006–2007 high school season, he averaged 8.6 points and 9.0 assists per game.
According to The Wall Street Journal, it appears the decision to grant Miller a full scholarship at USC was largely driven by his relationship with friend and teammate Demar DeRozan, the 6-foot-6 All-American forward who was rated as the number five prospect in the country on Scout.com. The Wall Street Journal reported Coach Tim Floyd as saying, "Last April...Percy Miller called while driving both players from a tournament in Fayetteville, Ark...Percy Miller said 'Demar and Romeo are ready to make their decision, and would you like to have them both on scholarship?'...'I said absolutely.'" Miller and DeRozan began playing in the 2008–2009 season.
On December 27, Romeo modeled for a new 2011 calendar. On April 10, 2011 Miller modeled for the April issue of TROIX magazine. On April 12, 2011 Miller modeled again for some new pictures. He also modeled with the singer-songwriter Chynna Terrell.
Dancing with the Stars
After originally withdrawing from season two of Dancing with the Stars due to an injury, Romeo competed in season twelve. He was partnered with professional dancer, Chelsie Hightower. They were eliminated from the show on May 10, 2011 and finished in the Top 5, one week before the semi-final.
|Week #||Dance/Song||Judges' score||Result|
|1||Cha-Cha-Cha/ "Romeo"||7||6||6||No Elimination|
|2||Quickstep/ "You're the One That I Want"||7||8||8||Safe|
|3||Rumba/ "I'll Be There"||7||6||7||Safe|
|4||Paso Doble/ "Palladio, First Movement"||7||8||8||Safe|
|5||Foxtrot/ "New York, New York"||9||8||9||Safe|
|6||Waltz/ "My Heart Will Go On"||10||9||9||Safe|
|7||Cha-Cha-Cha/ ""Born This Way""
Samba/ "Say Hey (I Love You)"
|8||Tango/"Hold It Against Me"
- In week 7, Donnie Burns was the guest judge and scored the dances.
Awards and nominations
- Billboard Music Awards
- 2001, Rap Artist of the Year (Winner)
- 2001, Music Videos: My Baby (Winner)
- 2002, R&B/Hip-Hop: My Baby (Winner)
- Kids Choice Awards
- 2004, Favorite Television Actor – Male for: Romeo! (Nominated)
- 2005, Favorite Television Actor – Male for: Romeo! (Winner)
- 2006, Favorite Television Actor – Male for: Romeo! (Nominated)
- Teen Choice Awards
- 2004, Choice Breakout Movie Star – Male for: Honey (Nominated)
- Black Reel Awards
- 2004, Choice Breakout Movie Star – Male for: Honey (Nominated)
- Young Artist Awards
- 2005, Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) – Leading Young Actor: Romeo! (Nominated)
- NAMIC Vision Awards
- 2005, Best Comedic Performance: Romeo! (Nominated)
- Image Awards
- 2005, Outstanding Performance in a Youth/Children's Program – Series or Special: Romeo! (Nominated)
- "Percy Romeo Miller, Jr. Biography". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Romeo on MSN Music MSN. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "Romeo Interview | Chat | Li'l Romeo | USC | Gumbo Station | Master P | Pic". Kidzworld.com. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Side, My (June 17, 2008). "Get Low Wit It (feat. Akon) – EP by Romeo – Download Get Low Wit It (feat. Akon) – EP on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Tell You a Million Times (feat. Tempo) – Single by Romeo – Download Tell You a Million Times (feat. Tempo) – Single on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. January 19, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Ice Cream Man Jr. (feat. Valentino & Black Don) – Single by Romeo – Download Ice Cream Man Jr. (feat. Valentino & Black Don) – Single on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. January 26, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Romeo: Go Download "Patience Is A Virtue"". Percyromeomiller.blogspot.com. February 18, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Monster (feat. Tempo) / Practice – Single by Romeo – Download Monster (feat. Tempo) / Practice – Single on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. March 2, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Connecting to the iTunes Store". iTunes Music Store. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Danielle Canada (January 8, 2010). "Romeo Leaves Basketball Behind, Focuses On New Music « Hip-Hop Wired: Keeping You Informed With The Latest on Hip-Hop Culture, Rappers, Hip Hop News, Rap and Entertainment New". Hiphopwired.com. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Lil Wayne Cracks 1 Million With 'Tha Carter III'". Billboard. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "You (feat. D'anna & Lil' Twist) (Single) by Romeo – Download You (feat. D'anna & Lil' Twist) (Single) on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. May 25, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "She Bad (feat. Black Don & Lil' D) – Single by Romeo – Download She Bad (feat. Black Don & Lil' D) – Single on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. May 25, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "They Don't Know (Prod. by Riley J) (Single) by Romeo – Download They Don't Know (Prod. by Riley J) (Single) on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. May 25, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- ""2010: Hip Hop Honors Tribute Performance: Master P" | Show Clip". VH1. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "ROMEO: Intelligent Hoodlum". No Limit Forever Records. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- NO LIMIT FOREVER INTERNATIONAL TOUR – COMING IN 2011! UGHHH! Ft Master P, Silkk , Rome & more! – TTS – Master P, No Limit Records, TRU & No Limit Forever Records[dead link]
- "Don't Push Me by Romeo – Download Don't Push Me on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. January 11, 2011. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Famous Girl (Remix) [feat. Sean Kingston] – Single by Romeo – Download Famous Girl (Remix) [feat. Sean Kingston] – Single on iTunes". iTunes Music Store. May 3, 2011. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Video: Romeo – I Am No Limit [Behind The Scenes Footage]". Ilovepwnage.com. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Romeo – I Am No Limit Hosted by No Limit // Free Mixtape @". Datpiff.com. August 19, 2011. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Romeo – I Am No Limit @ HotNewHipHop". Hotnewhiphop.com. August 19, 2011. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Romeo Miller's RESQ3 Band INTERVIEW at Popstar! Magazine "12 in 12" Event. YouTube (2011-12-07). Retrieved on 2012-12-15.
- Romeo "Hug Me Forever". YouTube (2012-04-12). Retrieved on 2012-12-15.
- Romeo Miller Feat. Valentino & Kyros - Hug Me Forever. YouTube. Retrieved on 2012-12-15.
- INCEPTION (MIXTAPE) DOWNLOAD NOW! | TruTankSoldiers.com - No Limit Forever Records. TruTankSoldiers.com (2012-08-15). Retrieved on 2012-12-15.
- "Romeo in studio making of the "Irrelevent" song". YouTube. 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- Max Keeble's Big Move (2001) – Full cast and crew IMDB. Retrieved August 29, 2008.
- (November 19, 2002). It's a Wrap for "Honey" About.com. Retrieved August 29, 2008.
- "Static Shock". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Uncle P (2007) – Full cast and crew IMDB. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- Hibberd, James (May 8, 2012). "Fox's 'The Choice' cast revealed! Joe Jonas, Dean Cain, The Situation, many more -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- "Romeo Miller’s College Boyys Designs Offer Affordable Clothing With A Message For Young Boys". Hip Hop Press. July 24, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Jon Weinbach (March 7, 2008). A Hot Prospect? The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved July 28, 2008.
- Player Bio: Percy Miller USC Trojans' Men's Basketball. Retrieved May 21, 2010.
- Antracia Merrill-Moorings, Lil Romeo to shoot hoops for USC, Frost Illustrated. Retrieved May 6, 2007.
- "Romeo: Buy Romeo's New Calendar 2011!!!". Percyromeomiller.blogspot.com. December 7, 2010. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Behind the scenes video w/ Romeo Miller in the APRIL issue of TROIX available 4/11! Romeo is featured in this issue with the famous Bulldog puppy "ShrinkAbull Titan Of Troix"". Romeo Forever. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "New Romeo Pics". Romeo Forever. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "ABC's 'Dancing with the Stars 2' replaces Romeo with Master P". Realitytvworld.com. December 14, 2005. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Barrett, Annie (February 28, 2011). "'Dancing with the Stars' cast revealed: Ralph Macchio, Kirstie Alley, Kendra Wilkinson and more". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- "Lil' Romeo". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- ""Out of Jimmy's Head" Lunch Tables (TV episode 2008)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- [dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Romeo Miller.|
- Official website
- USC Athletics Player Biography: No. 15 Percy Miller
- Romeo Miller's channel on YouTube
- Romeo on Myspace
- Romeo Miller on Twitter
- Romeo at the Internet Movie Database
- Photos from Shrink-A-Bulls
|Awards and achievements|
Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya
|Dancing with the Stars (US) quarter-finalist
Season 12 (Spring 2011 with Chelsie Hightower)
Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus