Lilavatibai Podar High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Smt. Lilavatibai Podar HighSchool, (LPHS), is a co-educational, English medium institution for grades 1 through 12. It is a private, ICSE, unaided, independent, day-boarding school, registered with the state of Maharashtra. LPHS is located in Santacruz(W), Mumbai, India, and is part of the Podar Education Complex.
The principal is Mrs. Norina Fernandes (as of 15.06.2015) and Mrs. Sheila Alexander (Senior Vice Principal) and the Senior Head mistress Mrs Sushma Kumar. There are approximately 5000 students in the school (as of 15.05.2012).
The school was founded in 1927 by Shri Ganesh Narayan Podar. It has classes from pre-primary up to Std. XII ISC, registered with the state of Maharashtra and affiliated to the [Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations], New Delhi.
LPSSS offers the standard ICSE curriculum. It has two sessions per day, one in the morning (0700-1200 hrs) and one in the afternoon (1230-1730 hrs). The campus includes a five floored main building, the Ramniranjan Podar Hall and a field equipped with modern sporting equipment and basketball courts, cricket nets, long jump pits, table tennis halls and football arrangements.
To promote positive competitiveness among students and to teach good sportsmanship the school follows a house system where students are grouped into 4 houses. These are:
- Raman (red)
After the scientist Dr. CV Raman
- Swami Vivekanand (yellow)
In patronage of the religious and social leader Swami Vivekananda
- Tagore (green)
A tribute to the acknowledged author, poet, painter, social reformer, teacher and freedom fighter, Rabindranath Tagore.
- Gandhi (blue)
A tribute to the Father of India, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
Interhouse competitions are held regularly. Students are encouraged to showcase their talents. House trophies and individual championship awards are distributed at the annual prize distribution ceremony annually. Interschool competitions, events and social drives are also held.
- Air-conditioned classrooms
- ICT in every classroom connected to the cloud and central network
- Science laboratories
- Mathematics laboratory
- Audio-visual Room
- Staff rooms
- Counselor room
- Stationery shop
- Basketball Court
A bit further from the school is an independent sports academy and 12,000 sq ft (1,100 m2). athletic grounds. Sports taught include:
- Physical Education
- Pre - primary:- Maths and English.
- From Ist:- Maths, Hindi, EVS, English.
- From IIIrd:- Maths, English, Hindi, Marathi, EVS.
- From IVth:- Maths, English, Hindi, Marathi, Science, History and Geography.
- From VIth:- Maths, English, Hindi, Biology, Marathi / French, Physics, Chemistry, History and Geography.
- From IXth:-
- 1. The compulsory subjects include:
- 2. The syllabus allows the student to choose 2nd optional-subject groups from optional subjects. These include:
- 3. The third optional group includes:
- From XIth: (ISC)
- 1. The compulsary subjects include:
2. The syllabus allows the student to choose between :
- Science [Math, Physics, Chemistry, English being compulsary] [Choosing between Economics, Geometrical Mechanical Drawing, Computer Science, Arts and EVS]
- Commerce [ Commerce, Accounts, Economics and English being compulsary] [Choosing between Maths, Business Studies, Arts, Geometrical Mechanical Drawing, EVS and Literature In English]
- Humanities [ Sociology, Psychology, Economics, English being compulsary] [ Choosing between Maths, Arts, Business Studies, Geometrical Mechanical Drawing, EVS and Literature In English]
- School website
- Official website: http://www.lilavatibaipodarschool.com/
- Podar Education Network website http://www.podar.org/