Lilblue Linux is a Linux Distro which is based on Gentoo Linux with the exception that it makes use of the uClibc C library. The distro derives its name from the little penguin of New Zealand which is little, and blue. Lilblue is a fully featured Xfce4 desktop environment for the x86 64 CPU architecture which makes use of hardening as well as other security enhanced features such as stack-smashing protection, PaX and position independent executables (PIE).
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||June 3, 2013|
|Latest release||Rolling release / July 28, 2015|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux)|
|Default user interface||Xfce4, various|
|License||Free software licenses
Full desktop environment: Due to it being a fully featured desktop environment it sports over 800 packages needed for most desktop related tasks:
- Ephiphany, Claws, Hexchat for browsing, email and IRC.
- Abiword, Evince, Gcalctool, Gtext for your generic office suite related work.
- Gqview, Smplayer for multimedia
- Transmission for bittorrent.
- Userland utilities are provided by coreutils, not busybox.
- Currently, the entire size of the ISO is ~228MB.
Fast boot time:
- Roughly 14 seconds off of an SSD.
Currently, Lilblue makes use of the Portage package system that Gentoo uses by default, but plans are being made to incorporate a binpkg hosting system to make up to 7000 precompiled binary packages available.