Emily Lilian Whiting (October 3, 1859 – 1942) was an American journalist and author.
Born at Niagara Falls, New York, she attended the Mount Carroll Seminary, later known as Shimer College, in Illinois. She was the daughter of Illinois State Senator Lorenzo D. Whiting. She was literary editor of the Boston Traveler from 1880 to 1890, editor of the Boston Budget in 1890-93, and afterward spent much of her time in Europe. She died in 1942.
Cover of The Life Radiant
by Lilian Whiting
- The World Beautiful (three series, 1894, 1896, 1898)
- A Study of the Life and Character of Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1899)
- From Dream-Land Sent (1899)
- Kate Field: a Record (1899)
- The World Beautiful in Books (1901)
- Boston Days (1902)
- The Life Radiant (1903)
- The Florence of Landor (1905)
- Land of Enchantment (1906)
- Italy: The Magic Land (1907)
- Paris, the Beautiful (1908)
- Louise Chandler Moulton: Poet and Friend (1909)
- Life Transfigured (1910)
- The Brownings (1911)
- Athens (1913)
- The Lure of London (1914)
- Women Who Have Ennobled Life (1915)
- The Golden Road (1918)
- ^ "Personals". Oread of Mount Carroll Seminary (Shimer College). August 1890. p. 25.