|Member of the European Parliament for Portugal|
|Assumed office |
|Born||13 April 1973|
Santo António, Funchal, Portugal
|Political party|| Portuguese:|
Party of European Socialists
Liliana Maria Gonçalves Rodrigues de Góis (born Santo António, Funchal, 13 April 1973) is a Madeira-born politician of the Socialist Party who served as a Member of the European Parliament, representing Portugal.
Prior to her election to the European Parliament, Rodrigues served as the president of the Laboratório de Ideias da Madeira from 2011 until 2015. In her professional life she is a professor at the University of Madeira and an educational investigator. She graduated from the Universidade Nova de Lisboa in 1996 with a degree in philosophy, and received two degrees in education from the University of Madeira, a master's degree in 2003 and a doctorate in 2008. She has taught philosophy, psychology, and sociology at the secondary level as well. She has also traveled to Brazil to teach.
In her spare time Rodrigues enjoys training dogs, a hobby which she says is difficult to pursue in Brussels. She has said that she intends to retain her connections to Madeira while in Parliament.
Member of the European Parliament, 2014–2019
Rodrigues was first elected to the European Parliament in 2014. In Parliament, she served on the Committee on Regional Development, the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality, the Delegation for relations with the Mashreq countries, and the Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean. In addition to her committee assignments, she was a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights.
- "Liliana RODRIGUES - Página inicial - Deputados - Parlamento Europeu". www.europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Gabinete Europeu da Madeira". www.gabineteeuropeudamadeira.com. Archived from the original on 29 August 2018. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "LILIANA RODRIGUES: "Europa deveria servir de exemplo para o resto do mundo" — SIC Europa". europasicnoticias.eu. Archived from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Group, Global Media. "Eurodeputados - Liliana Rodrigues, a independente que vem do Funchal". DN. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- ""Seeing women as weaker than men is nonsense." Interview with MEP Liliana Rodrigues". blog.unitee.edu. 1 October 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- "Eurodeputada Liliana Rodrigues: caso Grécia é "uma vergonha para a liderança europeia"". funchalnoticias.net. 6 July 2015. Retrieved 24 November 2017.