Lilibet Foster is an American director, producer and writer. Her non-fiction films have won the Independent Spirit: Truer Than Fiction Award and been nominated for Best Film of the Year by the International Documentary Association.
She produced the documentary Speaking in Strings, which received a Best Documentary nomination at the 72nd Academy Awards in 2000 and won several other awards. Speaking in Strings premiered in competition at the 1999 Sundance Film Festival.
Foster has directed, produced, and written documentaries for major broadcasters such as Discovery ("Earth 2050: Fueling the Future"), ESPN (Marshall: Thirty Years Later), Oxygen (Operation Fine Girl: Rape Used as a Weapon of War), A&E (Biography Joe DiMaggio & Muhammad Ali) and PBS (American Cinema: Film in the Television Age). She directed and produced the multi-camera documentary and adaptation of Mark Crispin Miller's stage performance A Patriot Act. as well as segments for Stand Up To Cancer.
Foster directs branded content for brands such as Apple, Shell, Nike, Mars, and Sony, with the production company, Radical Media, for which she has won an honorary Webby Award. She directs public service announcements for such organizations as Witness, Acumen Fund, and TechnoServe.
Foster is from the U.S. Virgin Islands. She is a principal of Asphalt Films Entertainment in New York City and co-founder the Soul in the Hole Foundation that assists at risk teenagers.
- "Independent Spirit: Truer Than Fiction Award".
- "IDA Award Nomination: Best Film of the Year".
- "Sundance Film Festival Competition".
- "Earth 2050: Fueling the Future".
- "Marshall: Thirty Years Later".
- "Operation Fine Girl: Women Used as a Weapon of War in Sierra Leone". Archived from the original on 2014-03-18.
- "Operation Fine Girl".
- "Muhammad Ali".
- "A Patriot Act".
- "Stand Up To Cancer". Archived from the original on 2014-04-13.
- "Developer Stories: AOL".
- "Rotella "Unsung" - Five Short Films about hardworking people".
- ""Bouncy Balls" Making of".
- "Radical Media".
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|