Liloan, Southern Leyte
Wawa Bridge of Liloan, connecting Panaon island and mainland of Leyte.
Map of Southern Leyte with Liloan highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||Lone district of S. Leyte|
|• Mayor||Shirlita Y. Chong|
|• Total||50.30 km2 (19.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||450/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Liloan is a fourth class municipality in the province of Southern Leyte, Philippines. Liloan's town center is located at the northern part of Panaon Island which is connected to the mainland of Leyte by a bridge (Wawa Bridge). According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 22,817 people.
"Liloan" is derived from the local term lilo, meaning "whirlpool". Whirlpools can be seen at Panaon Strait, the navigable narrow waterway between the mainland of Leyte and Panaon island.
- Catig/Caritas Village
- Pres. Quezon (Maugoc)
- President Roxas (Nailong)
- San Isidro
- San Roque
|Population census of Liloan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Population per barangay:
|Barangay||Population (2010 NSO)|
- The upsurge of the population of Brgy. Fatima is due to the relocation of almost all residents of Malangza and Catig because of the frequent threats of landslides.
Places of interest
- Bitoon Beach, 500 meters from the Wawa Bridge
- Molopolo Beach @ Brgy Molopolo
- Tagbak Marine Park (250 meters from Wawa Bridge)
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cross (pilgrim site)
- Duwangan Beach
- Liloan Lighthouse
- Liloan Ferry Terminal
- Pres. Quezon (maugoc) Pook Adventure Park (adventure site)
- Ollie's Wall (Dive Site) @ Gud-an
- Washing Machine Dive @ Wawa channel
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "Province: Southern Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Official Website of Liloan
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Libagon / Saint Bernard|
|Sogod Bay||Cabalian Bay
|San Francisco||San Ricardo|
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|