Aldridge in February 2014
Lily Maud Aldridge
November 15, 1985
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
Caleb Followill (m. 2011)
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Lily Maud Aldridge (born November 15, 1985) is an American model known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and, alongside Chrissy Teigen and Nina Agdal, appeared on the 50th anniversary cover in 2014. She was also a Victoria's Secret Angel from 2010 until 2018.
Part italian, Aldridge was born at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Santa Monica, California. She is the daughter of English artist Alan Aldridge and Playboy Playmate of the month Laura Lyons. Her siblings include half-sister Saffron Aldridge, who was the multiyear face of Ralph Lauren in the 1990s; half-brother Miles Aldridge, who is a fashion photographer and was married to model Kristen McMenamy from 1997 to 2013; and sister Ruby Aldridge, who was the face of Marc by Marc Jacobs. Aldridge attended high school in London, as well as Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, California.
|Aldridge's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from 2014|
Aldridge started modeling at the age of 16, for Abercrombie & Fitch. Her advertising campaigns include Rocawear, Arden B., rag & bone, Shiatzy Chen, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox Cosmetics, GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, Coach, JCrew, Charles David, Levi's, J Brand, Accessorize.
Aldridge's first major magazine cover was the August 2003 issue of Spanish Vogue. She has since appeared on the covers of French Glamour, Vogue Mexico, Elle Korea, Elle Brazil, Elle Vietnam, Tatler, 10 magazine, S Moda, Esquire Mexico, Allure Russia and Net-A-Porter's online magazine, The Edit.
In 2009, Aldridge walked in her first Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. In 2010 she became a Victoria's Secret Angel and walked her second Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, in which she was given her wings for the first time. She has also walked the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 fashion shows. On November 2, 2015, Victoria's Secret announced that Aldridge would be wearing the Fireworks Fantasy Bra. The bra was made by Mouawad and it has an estimated value of $2 million (€1.8 million). The lingerie show was held on December 8, 2015, in New York.
In January 2011, Aldridge appeared on the cover of the February issue of British GQ with Lindsay Ellingson, Erin Heatherton, and Candice Swanepoel. In the same month, she appeared in an editorial for V Magazine with fellow angels Heatherton and Swanepoel. In October 2014, Aldridge appeared in British Vogue with fellow Victoria's Secret models Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel, Lais Ribeiro and Elsa Hosk.
Aldridge has appeared in various music videos. In the year 2000, she made a cameo among Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre and others on the music video "Break Stuff" of Limp Bizkit. In 2015, Aldridge appeared in the music video for "Bad Blood" by Taylor Swift, portraying an assassin called "Frostbyte". Aldridge has also appeared in two Kings of Leon videos: "Use Somebody" and "Temple".
On September 20, 2010, representatives confirmed Aldridge was engaged to Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill. They met in 2007 at the Bonnaroo Music Festival. The couple married on May 12, 2011, at the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California. They have two children: daughter Dixie Pearl (b.2012) and son Winston Roy (b.2019).
- "Lily Aldridge Portfolio". IMG Models.
- "Lily Aldridge - Model".
- Bulgari Names Lily Aldridge Ambassador for Latest Campaign hollywoodreporter.com
- Victoria's Secret Biography Video at 0:23 sec Archived December 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. Vsallaccess.victoriassecret.com (November 24, 2010). Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- "Alan Aldridge Feted in London". WWD.com. Fairchild Fashion Media. October 14, 2008. Archived from the original on October 29, 2014. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "Restless Style Interview with Ruby Aldridge". Archived from the original on February 11, 2009. Retrieved January 6, 2011. (October 7, 2008)
- Benfer, Amy. (May 31, 2000) Harper's Bazaar interview from 2000. Salon.com. Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- "Lily Aldridge on Instagram: "Please Welcome My Buddy, Fellow Notre Dame High School Alumni & Valley Girl for life @KirstenDunst to @Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- "The Tatler List". Tatler. Archived from the original on February 5, 2016.
- LILY ALDRIDGE FMD profile
- Sasha Pivovarova and Lily Aldridge in Rag & Bone Ads Archived February 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Harpersbazaar.com (January 28, 2011). Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- Grimm, Anna. "Rag & Bone Does High Fashion On A Low Budget Archived February 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine". BlackBook Magazine, January 31, 2011.
- Rag & Bone DIY F/W 11 (Rag & Bone). Models.com. Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- Bjorkman, James. "Lily Aldridge, Sports Illustrated Cover Girl". FilmInspector.com. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "5 Things You Don't Know About Lily Aldridge". Us Weekly. May 12, 2011. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- Ward, MIchelle. "Lily Aldridge, Chrissy Teigen & Nina Agdal Grace Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Issue!". People.com. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- "About Us". Velvet by Graham & Spencer. Velvet by Graham & Spencer. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- Fitzpatrick, Tommye (December 7, 2011). "This Week's Model: Lily Aldridge". W. Archived from the original on April 4, 2011. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- "Lily Aldridge - Victoria's Secret". web.archive.org. December 22, 2015.
- "The Victoria's Secret Girls Steam Up British GQ". Archived from the original on January 8, 2011.
- Meet The New Angels Archived January 12, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Intouchweekly.com (January 7, 2011). Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- Milligan, Lauren. "WATCH: Angels In Action".
- Benfer, Amy. "Prada family values". Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "Meet the A-List Cast Starring in Taylor Swift's New Music Video". Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- Making Of Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody Video, retrieved September 14, 2019
- Kings Of Leon - Temple (Official Music Video), retrieved September 14, 2019
- "Kings of Leon Singer Caleb Followill Is Engaged". PEOPLE.com. Archived from the original on September 14, 2019.
- UK Vogue Couple Feature. Vogue.co.uk (July 28, 2011). Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- Laudadio, Marisa. (May 13, 2011) Caleb Followill and Lily Aldridge Wed. People.com. Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- "Lily Aldridge and Caleb Followill Welcome Daughter Dixie Pearl". People.com. June 22, 2012. Retrieved August 14, 2019.
- Juneau, Jen (February 2, 2019). "Lily Aldridge and Caleb Followill Welcome Son Winston Roy". People.com. Retrieved August 14, 2019.