|Born||November 15, 1985|
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Lily Maud Aldridge (born November 15, 1985) is an American model best known for being a Victoria's Secret Angel from 2010 until 2018. She also appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, alongside Chrissy Teigen and Nina Agdal, for the 50th anniversary cover in 2014.
Aldridge was born at Saint John’s Hospital in Santa Monica, California. She is the daughter of English artist Alan Aldridge and Playboy Playmate of the month Laura Lyons. Her siblings include half-sister Saffron Aldridge, who was the multiyear face of Ralph Lauren in the 1990s; half-brother Miles Aldridge, who is a fashion photographer; and sister Ruby Aldridge, who was the face of Marc by Marc Jacobs. Aldridge attended high school in London, as well as Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, California.
|Aldridge's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from 2014|
Aldridge started modeling at the age of 16, for Abercrombie & Fitch. Her advertising campaigns include Rocawear, Arden B., Rag & Bone, Shiatzy Chen, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox Cosmetics, GAP, Tommy Hilfiger, Coach, JCrew, Charles David, Levi's, J Brand, Accessorize.
Aldridge's first major magazine cover was the August 2003 issue of Spanish Vogue. She has since appeared on the covers of French Glamour, Vogue Mexico, Elle Korea, Elle Brazil, Elle Vietnam, Tatler, 10 magazine, S Moda, Esquire Mexico, Allure Russia and Net-A-Porter's online magazine, The Edit.
She has been the face of fashion label Velvet Tees since 2004. In 2013, Aldridge released her own clothing line with Velvet Tees called Lily Aldridge for Velvet.
Aldridge made her Victoria's Secret Fashion Show debut in 2009. She became a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2010 was given wings for the first time during that year's show. She continued to appear in the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show until stepping away in 2018.
On November 2, 2015, Victoria's Secret announced that Aldridge would have the honor of wearing that year's Fantasy Bra during its fashion show, joining the ranks of models such as Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima. The bra, created by jeweler Mouawad, has an estimated value of $2 million and features more than 6,500 precious gems. She unveiled the bra in a video for Vogue.
Her time as an Angel included multiple magazine appearances. She appeared on the February 2011 cover of British GQ alongside fellow Angels Lindsay Ellingson, Erin Heatherton, and Candice Swanepoel for its annual Victoria's Secret Collector's Issue. Aldridge, Heatherton and Swanepoel also appeared in an editorial for V Magazine that month. In October 2014, Aldridge appeared in British Vogue with fellow Victoria's Secret Angels Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel, Lais Ribeiro and Elsa Hosk.
Aldridge had a brief appearance alongside Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre and others in Limp Bizkit's 2000 music video for "Break Stuff." In 2015 she appeared in Taylor Swift's video for "Bad Blood," portraying an assassin named Frostbyte. Aldridge has also appeared in two Kings of Leon videos: "Use Somebody" and "Temple."
Aldridge launched her eponymous fragrance line, Lily Aldridge Parfums, in the fall of 2019. The line's first fragrance, Haven, is described as a "romantic floral scent, with rich rose, fresh peony and a note of deep musk." The second scent, Summit, is described as a "warm, aromatic scent, with sweet tobacco, rich leather, spices and woods." She said the line was developed with sustainability in mind; the bottles feature bottle caps made with responsibly harvested wood and recycled-paper boxes that double as shipping cartons.
Aldridge met Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill at Coachella in 2007. They married on May 12, 2011, at the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California. They have a daughter Dixie Pearl Followill (born on June 21, 2012) and a son Winston Roy Followill (born on January 29, 2019).
- "Lily Aldridge Portfolio". IMG Models.
- "Lily Aldridge - Model".
- Victoria's Secret Biography Video at 0:23 sec Archived December 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. Vsallaccess.victoriassecret.com (November 24, 2010). Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- "Alan Aldridge Feted in London". WWD.com. Fairchild Fashion Media. October 14, 2008. Archived from the original on October 29, 2014. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "Restless Style Interview with Ruby Aldridge". Archived from the original on February 11, 2009. Retrieved January 6, 2011. (October 7, 2008)
- Benfer, Amy. (May 31, 2000) Harper's Bazaar interview from 2000. Salon.com. Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- "Lily Aldridge on Instagram: "Please Welcome My Buddy, Fellow Notre Dame High School Alumni & Valley Girl for life @KirstenDunst to @Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- "The Tatler List". Tatler. Archived from the original on February 5, 2016.
- LILY ALDRIDGE FMD profile
- Sasha Pivovarova and Lily Aldridge in Rag & Bone Ads Archived February 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Harpersbazaar.com (January 28, 2011). Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- Grimm, Anna. "Rag & Bone Does High Fashion On A Low Budget Archived February 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine". BlackBook Magazine, January 31, 2011.
- Rag & Bone DIY F/W 11 (Rag & Bone). Models.com. Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- Bjorkman, James. "Lily Aldridge, Sports Illustrated Cover Girl". FilmInspector.com. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "5 Things You Don't Know About Lily Aldridge". Us Weekly. May 12, 2011. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- Ward, MIchelle. "Lily Aldridge, Chrissy Teigen & Nina Agdal Grace Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Issue!". People.com. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- "About Us". Velvet by Graham & Spencer. Velvet by Graham & Spencer. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- "Lily Aldridge Says the Victoria's Secret Angels Are a "Band of Sisters"". Us Weekly. December 9, 2014. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- Fitzpatrick, Tommye (December 7, 2011). "This Week's Model: Lily Aldridge". W. Archived from the original on April 4, 2011. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Rutherford, Chrissy (November 7, 2018). "Why You Won't See These Angels in Tomorrow's VS Fashion Show". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- "Lily Aldridge Will Model the $2 Million Fantasy Bra at the 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Get the First Look". E! Online. November 2, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- Satenstein, Liana. "The New Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra Is Finally Unveiled". Vogue. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- "The Victoria's Secret Girls Steam Up British GQ". Archived from the original on January 8, 2011.
- Meet The New Angels "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 12, 2011. Retrieved January 8, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link). Intouchweekly.com (January 7, 2011). Retrieved on December 6, 2012.
- Milligan, Lauren. "WATCH: Angels In Action". Archived from the original on January 11, 2015. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Benfer, Amy. "Prada family values". Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff". October 5, 2009.
- "Meet the A-List Cast Starring in Taylor Swift's New Music Video". Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- Making Of Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody Video, retrieved September 14, 2019
- Kings Of Leon - Temple (Official Music Video), retrieved September 14, 2019
- Robin, Marci. "Lily Aldridge Wants You Love Her New Perfume on Your Skin AND Your Vanity". Allure. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- "Fragrances". Lily Aldridge. Archived from the original on June 17, 2020. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- Goldstein, Jennifer (April 23, 2020). "Lily Aldridge Is Ready for Her Mogul Moment". Marie Claire. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- "Welcome to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!! | Lily Aldridge Channel Announcement".
- "interview with Lily Aldridge: Red hot mama | Tatler Magazine". April 14, 2018. Archived from the original on April 14, 2018. Retrieved December 16, 2019.
- "Caleb Followill & Lily Aldridge Wed". November 17, 2016. Archived from the original on November 17, 2016. Retrieved December 16, 2019.
- "Caleb Followill and Lily Aldridge Welcome Daughter Dixie Pearl | PEOPLE.com". March 26, 2019. Archived from the original on March 26, 2019. Retrieved December 16, 2019.
- "Lily Aldridge and Caleb Followill Welcome Son Winston | PEOPLE.com". February 3, 2019. Archived from the original on February 3, 2019. Retrieved December 16, 2019.