Donaldson in 2012
|Born||Lily Monica Donaldson
27 January 1987
Hammersmith, London, England
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Manager||IMG Models (Worldwide), Stockholmsgruppen (Stockholm)|
Lily Monica Donaldson (born 27 January 1987) is a British fashion model.
Donaldson was born in London, and educated at the Camden School for Girls, living in Kentish Town with her parents. She has a younger sister named Aurelia. She was scouted by Select Model Management in 2003 at the age of 16 while shopping in Camden, and went on to debut in the Fall/Winter 2004 season walking shows for designers such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Moschino, Missoni and Jill Sander.
Donaldson has notably landed big campaigns for fashion houses such as Burberry, Gucci, Versace, Fendi, Lanvin, Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Balenciaga, Roberto Cavalli, Hugo Boss, Alexander McQueen, Max Mara, Shiatzy Chen, H&M, Topshop, Aldo, Kenzo, Anna Sui and Gap.
In the May 2007 issue of American Vogue, she was featured on the cover with fellow models Doutzen Kroes, Caroline Trentini, Raquel Zimmermann, Sasha Pivovarova, Agyness Deyn, Coco Rocha, Hilary Rhoda, Chanel Iman, and Jessica Stam as the "World's Next Top Models". Later, in the September 2007 issue of British Vogue, she was named a "Head Girl", a model to watch out for in the upcoming season.
Donaldson has appeared on 28 international covers of Vogue which includes the British, American, Italia, China, Australia, Japan, Turkey, Taiwan, Korea, Portugal, Spain and Russian editions. In 2010, she made her Victoria's Secret Fashion Show debut and also walked in the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 shows.
During the 2012 Summer Olympics closing ceremony, Donaldson was one of the British models wearing bespoke fashions created by British designers specifically for the event. The other models were Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, David Gandy, Karen Elson, Jourdan Dunn, Georgia May Jagger and Stella Tennant. She wore a gold ball gown by Vivienne Westwood.
- How the world fell in love with Camden girl Lily Donaldson - Fashion - Life & Style - London Evening Standard
- "Lily the Londoner takes her place among the world's top models". Mail Online. 4 May 2008. Retrieved 22 June 2008.
- "Anna Sui Forbidden Affair Fragrance F/W 10". models.com. Models.com. 2010. Retrieved January 23, 2017.
- Lee, Helen (11 April 2007). "Vogue's 'World's Next Top Models' cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Hit Girls - American Vogue, May 2007 Archived 2008-12-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Lily Donaldson". nymag.com. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- the Fashion spot. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- Profile of Lily Donaldson. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- Les 30 Mannequins des Années 2000 Retrieved 20 January 2010
- London Olympics | Fashion Show
- Olympics Closing Ceremony | Fashion Shoot
- "Lily Donaldson - Model Profile". nymag.com. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- "Irina Lazareanu - Model Profile". nymag.com. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- "How the world fell in love with Camden girl Lily Donaldson". Evening Standard
- "STEVIE NICKS is the consumate [sic] tease". FLEETWOOD MAC News and Reviews
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lily Donaldson.|