Lim Biow Chuan
|Lim Biow Chuan|
|Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of Singapore|
Assumed office |
25 January 2016
Serving with Charles Chong
22 May 1963|
Colony of Singapore
|Political party||People's Action Party (2011)|
|Alma mater||National University of Singapore|
Lim Biow Chuan (simplified Chinese: 林谋泉; traditional Chinese: 林謀泉; pinyin: Lín Móu Quán; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lîm Bô͘-chôaⁿ; born 22 May 1963) is a Singaporean Member of Parliament (MP) who represents Mountbatten.
Lim first became an MP after the 2006 general elections, where his party, the PAP, was awarded a walkover as Marine Parade GRC was uncontested. Lim is an old boy of Victoria School and had his junior college education at Temasek Junior College. He is the president of the Consumers Association of Singapore (Case), the only politician on the central committee of the non-governmental organisation. Lim is also the Marine Parade Town Council Chairman.
In 2013, he was appointed as a member of Singapore's Data Protection Advisory Committee.
On 25 January 2016 he was assigned as the deputy speaker of the parliament
Connection to Jack Neo controversy
At the height of the Jack Neo's extramarital affair scandal, Lim showed support for Neo saying "Since he is remorseful over this incident, he should be forgiven. Actually, a man who has a good career development, like himself, would find such scenarios unavoidable". Lim later stated that he had been misquoted by the press.
- "Lim Biow Chuan elected President of CASE". Channel NewsAsia. 23 Jun 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "CASE Central Committee (2015 - 2018)". CASE. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Commission and Advisory Committee to Administer and Advise on Personal Data Protection Act". Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- "Model exposes affair with S'pore director Jack Neo". Channel News Asia. 7 Mar 2010. Retrieved 13 Apr 2010.
- "Backseat frolics backfire". The Star. 13 Mar 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-03-16. Retrieved 13 Apr 2010.
|This Singaporean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|