This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lim Jeong-hee performing at the Cyworld Dream Music Festival, July 23, 2011
|Birth name||Lim Jeong-hee|
|Born||May 17, 1981|
Seoul, South Korea
|Labels||JYP Entertainment (2005–2012)|
Big Hit Entertainment (2012–2015)
Oscar ENT (2015–present)
|Website||J-Lim Official Website|
|Revised Romanization||Im Jeong-hui|
Lim Jeong-hee (Hangul: 임정희; born May 17, 1981 in Seoul, South Korea), also known as J-Lim, is a South Korean singer that debuted in 2005 under JYP Entertainment. One of her notable performances in 2005 was the 5th Pattaya Music Festival in Thailand, which helped promote and expose her to the foreign music industry. She was signed under Big Hit Entertainment in 2012 and left the company in 2015, going on to join her current agency, Oscar ENT.
Lim Jeong-hee grew up in a musical environment; her father was an ardent fan of pop music and a collector of music LPs. She was educated in classical music in her childhood, and learnt to play the piano. Despite this, as she grew up, she gained more interest in pop music rather than the classical music she had studied.
When she was in high school Lim participated in a song contest for teens held by Seoul City and won the grand prize. The experience of competing in the song contest and winning the top prize led Lim to enter college to study popular music.
She signed with JYP Entertainment (as are some of the biggest Korea pop stars, Rain and g.o.d). However, Lim is more famous on the street music scene than on television or the radio. Even before she had her official debut, Lim held countless street performances on her own which led to the creation of her multiple fan clubs.
Lim has released her first mini-album entitled “Music is My Life.” Through her street performances, Lim said that she has learned so much about music and found an increased love and passion towards music. Lim says that she will continue to hold street performances not only in Seoul but also all around the country.
Her third album, "Before I Go, J-Lim", made headlines for featuring Big Boi from Outkast who also appeared in the music video. On May 8, 2011, she released a Music Video featuring G.NA, Hyuna and comedian Park Hwi Soon called "Golden Lady" And then, on May 12, 2011 she made her comeback performance on M! Countdown with her single 'Golden Lady' On July 2, 2011 she announced that she has been cast as the female lead for the musical “Temptation of Wolves“, and will be tackling the challenge of her first musical. Starting from July 12 to October 3, Lim Jeong Hee will be performing as ‘Jung Hankyung‘, a charming girl who's caught between two different guys for her love On November 20, 2011 she announced that she will be Brian McKnight's duet partner for his latest full-album 'JUST ME'. She stated, “It's a huge honor to be standing on the same stage as world-renowned R&B legend, Brian McKnight“ 
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Music is My Life||
|Before I Go, J-Lim||
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|It Can't Be Real||
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|As lead artist|
|"Music Is My Life"||2005||No data||No data||Music Is My Life|
|"Heaven Breeze" (하늘아 바람아)||2007||Non-album single|
|"On The Way To Break Up With You" (헤어지러 가는 길)
feat. Jo Kwon
|2010||3||N/A||It Can't Be Real|
|"Feel So Good"
feat. Hong Dae Kwang
|"The Christmas Day"||2017|
|"Beautiful You" (아름다운 널)
with Kolleen Park
|"It's Been A Long Time" (오랜만이다)
with Herz Analog
|"Like A Movie" (영화처럼)
with Jo Kwon, Joo Hee of 8Eight, RM & Jungkook of BTS
|"There Is No Love" (사랑은 없다)
|"I Can't Love You" (사랑은 못해요)||2010||Smile, Mom OST Part 3|
|"If You Turn Back Time" (시간을 되돌린다면)||2011||Royal Family OST Part 3|
|"Filament" (필라멘트)||2012||Wild Romance OST Part 1|
|"Don't Love Me" (날 사랑하지마)||Five Fingers OST Part 1|
|"Poison Love" (지독한 사랑)||2013||Don't Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus OST|
|"I'll Be There" (시간에 기대어)||Medical Top Team OST Part 4|
|"Scent of a Flower" (꽃향기)||2014||Emergency Couple OST Part 2|
|"It Hurts, It Hurts" (아파아파)||2015||Super Daddy Yeol OST Part 4|
|"Hope" (바라죠)||2016||My Lawyer, Mr. Jo OST Part 3|
|"Distressed" (달)||Secret Healer OST Part 3|
|"The Coat" (외투)||2017||Two Cops OST Part 6|
|"Black Diamond"||2019||Graceful Family OST Part 1|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
|2005||Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best New Artist||"Music Is My Life"||Won|
|2006||Best R&B Performance||"Traces"||Nominated|
- "KPOP NEWS - Big Hit Reveals Lim Jeong Hee′s Contract Ended in May | Mwave". mwave.interest.me. Archived from the original on 2015-12-30. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "[단독]'가요계 디바' 임정희, 바비킴 소속사와 전속 계약. 가수 인생의 2막 연다! : 스포츠조선". sports.chosun.com. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "Kpop Obsessions". 2011-05-10.
- "K-Pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2018-04-18. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "September 2005 K-Pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2009-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "2006 K-Pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "December 2007 K-Pop Album Sales Volume" (in Korean). Recording Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Gaon Album Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "May 2011 Album Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Gaon Digital Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "March 2011 Download Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- Cumulative sales of "Luv Is":
- "November 2013 Download Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "2005 M.net Korean Music Festival Winners list". MAMA. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "2006 MKMF Part 1 : I Love Punk - Haerang + Lee SungWoo/ Break Through-SS501/ The Queen Is Back! - Cocoboys and Dodogirls + Um JungHwa". MAMA. Retrieved 2014-10-26.