Middletown Friends School
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (4 km2)|
|• Land||1.5 sq mi (4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||348 ft (106 m)|
|• Density||1,800/sq mi (700/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||610 and 484|
|GNIS feature ID||1179346|
Lima is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Middletown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,735 at the 2010 census, down from 3,225 at the 2000 census. It is pronounced "LYE-ma" (/ˈɫaɪ-mə/).
Lima is located in northern Middletown Township at  It is 3 miles (5 km) west of Media, the Delaware County seat. U.S. Route 1 (Baltimore Pike) forms the southern edge of the CDP and leads northeast 16 miles (26 km) into Philadelphia.(39.916523, -75.441902).
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,225 people, 978 households, and 400 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,221.7 people per square mile (858.7/km²). There were 1,003 housing units at an average density of 691.0/sq mi (267.1/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 94.23% White, 4.53% African American, 0.03% Native American, 0.99% Asian, and 0.22% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.31% of the population.
There were 978 households, out of which 10.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 34.4% were married couples living together, 5.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 59.0% were non-families. 57.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 52.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.69 and the average family size was 2.63.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 8.1% under the age of 18, 1.6% from 18 to 24, 8.0% from 25 to 44, 11.3% from 45 to 64, and 71.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 79 years. For every 100 females, there were 48.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 43.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $45,948, and the median income for a family was $65,875. Males had a median income of $49,750 versus $40,804 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $24,908. About 1.6% of families and 4.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 4.1% of those age 65 or over.
- Holly Witt, Playboy Playmate Miss November 1995
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lima CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- Ashmeade, Henry Graham (1884). History of Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: L.H. Everts & Co. p. 613. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- Lavoie, Catherine. "Historic American Buildings Survey" (PDF). www.cdn.loc.gov. U.S. Department of Interior. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.