Lima Allen County Airport
|Lima Allen County Airport|
The terminal building at KAOH.
|Owner||Allen County Regional Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||975 ft / 297 m|
Lima Allen County Airport (IATA: AOH, ICAO: KAOH, FAA LID: AOH) is a public use airport located five nautical miles (9 km) southeast of the central business district of Lima, a city in Allen County, Ohio, United States. It is owned by the Allen County Regional Airport Authority.
The current airport site is located near the corner of Hanthorn Road and SR 117 east of Lima. It moved to this site in 1963; prior to then, the airport was located northwest of Lima near the village of Elida.
Facilities and aircraft
Lima Allen County Airport covers an area of 696 acres (282 ha) at an elevation of 975 feet (297 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 10/28 is 6,000 by 150 feet (1,829 x 46 m) with an asphalt surface; 14/32 is 3,994 by 150 feet (1,217 x 46 m) with an asphalt and turf surface. Runway 14/32 closed in the winter.
For the 12-month period ending June 1, 2007, the airport had 32,500 aircraft operations, an average of 89 per day: 80% general aviation, 18.5% air taxi, and 1.5% military. At that time there were 28 aircraft based at this airport: 71% single-engine, 25% multi-engine and 4% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for AOH ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 11 February 2010.
- "History of WTLW TV". WTLW 44. Archived from the original on 4 May 2009. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- Aerial photo from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for AOH, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: