Lime Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota
|Lime Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||16.9 sq mi (43.7 km2)|
|• Land||15.8 sq mi (40.8 km2)|
|• Water||1.1 sq mi (2.8 km2)|
|Elevation||984 ft (300 m)|
|• Density||89/sq mi (34.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664782|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 16.9 square miles (43.7 km2), of which 15.8 square miles (40.8 km2) is land and 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), or 6.49%, is water.
The north quarter of the city of Mankato is within this township geographically but is a separate entity.
- Benning at
- Eagle Lake (west half)
- Wita Lake
- Kasota Township, Le Sueur County (north)
- Jamestown Township (east)
- Le Ray Township (southeast)
- Mankato Township (south)
- Belgrade Township, Nicollet County (west)
The township includes the following cemeteries: Bochland and Pilgrims Rest.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,314 people, 498 households, and 379 families residing in the township. The population density was 82.1 people per square mile (31.7/km²). There were 511 housing units at an average density of 31.9/sq mi (12.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.87% White, 0.23% African American, 0.38% Native American, 0.30% Asian, 0.68% from other races, and 0.53% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.29% of the population.
There were 498 households out of which 34.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.7% were married couples living together, 6.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.7% were non-families. 18.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.64 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the township the population was spread out with 25.2% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 27.0% from 25 to 44, 29.5% from 45 to 64, and 8.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 97.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.2 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $49,412, and the median income for a family was $57,250. Males had a median income of $35,625 versus $24,333 for females. The per capita income for the township was $26,615. About 1.1% of families and 2.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.0% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lime township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 61.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 94.