Limetown (TV series)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original network||Facebook Watch|
Limetown is an upcoming American drama web television series, based on the podcast of the same name created by Zack Akers and Skip Bronkie, that is set to premiere on Facebook Watch on October 16, 2019.
Limetown follows "Lia Haddock, a journalist for American Public Radio (APR), as she unravels the mystery behind the disappearance of over 300 people at a neuroscience research facility in Tennessee."
Cast and characters
- Marlee Matlin
- Kelly Jenrette
- John Beasley
- Louis Ferreira
- Sherri Saum as Gina
- Rekha Sharma as Sadia Latifi
- Vera Frederickson as Young Lia
On October 8, 2018, it was announced that Facebook had given a series order to a television series adaptation of Zack Akers and Skip Bronkie's podcast Limetown for a first season consisting of ten episodes. Akers and Bronkie were expected to write the series and serve as executive producers alongside Jessica Biel, Michelle Purple, Josh Appelbaum, André Nemec, Jeff Pinkner, Scott Rosenberg, and Adrienne Erickson. Production companies involved with the series were slated to consist of Iron Ocean Productions, Endeavor Content, and Midnight Radio.
Alongside the series order announcement, it was confirmed that Jessica Biel would star in the series. On December 6, 2018, it was announced that Stanley Tucci had been cast in a series regular role and that Marlee Matlin, Kelly Jenrette, John Beasley, and Louis Ferreira would appear in a recurring capacity. On January 12, 2019, it was announced that Sherri Saum had joined the series in a recurring role. On February 26, 2019, it was reported that Rekha Sharma has joined the cast in a recurring capacity.
- Iannucci, Rebecca (June 12, 2019). "Sorry for Your Loss Season 2, Podcast-Inspired Limetown and More Get Premiere Dates at Facebook Watch". TVLine. Retrieved July 8, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (October 8, 2018). "Jessica Biel To Star In 'Limetown' Facebook TV Series Based On Podcast". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Jarvey, Natalie (October 8, 2018). "Jessica Biel to Star in 'Limetown' Podcast Adaptation for Facebook". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Roots, Kimberly (October 8, 2018). "Jessica Biel to Headline Mystery Drama Limetown, Based on Podcast". TVLine. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Petski, Denise (December 6, 2018). "'Limetown': Stanley Tucci, Marlee Matlin & Kelly Jenrette Cast In Facebook Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2019-02-12). "'Limetown': Sherri Saum To Recur On Facebook TV Series Based On Podcast". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- Petski, Denise (February 26, 2019). "'Limetown' Casts Rekha Sharma; Matthew Barnes Joins 'Strange Angel'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- Takeuchi, Craig (December 3, 2018). "Filming in Vancouver: Jessica Biel in Limetown, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Deadly Class". Inside Vancouver. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- Debra Yeo, "Think programming more than 300 TIFF movies is hard? Try filling just six TV slots". Toronto Star, September 6, 2019.