Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up liminal or liminality in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Liminal is an English adjective meaning "on the threshold", from Latin līmen, plural limina.
Liminal or Liminality may refer to:
- Liminality, the quality of ambiguity or disorientation that occurs in the middle stage of a rite of passage
- Liminal deity, a god or goddess in mythology who presides over thresholds, gates, or doorways
- Liminal being, mythical being of ambiguous existence
- Liminal state, English translation of bardo in Tibetan Buddhism
- Limen, a threshold of a physiological or psychological response
- Liminal experiences, feelings of abandonment (existentialism) associated with death, illness, disaster, etc.
- Liminal, a student literary journal at University of Minnesota, United States
- Liminal States, a 2012 novel by Zack Parsons
- .hack//Liminality, an animated series related to the .hack video game series
- Liminal, a 2017 remix album by Sigur Rós
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Liminal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.