"Ato Gyud Ni!"
"The Pride of Cagayan de Oro."
"The Southland's Largest Independent Shopping Mall"
|Location||Cagayan de Oro|
|Address||Limketkai Business Park, CM Recto Ave., corner Osmeña and Florentino Sts., Lapasan, Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental, Philippines|
|Developer||Limketkai Sons Inc.|
|Management||Limketkai Sons Inc.|
|Owner||Limketkai Sons Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||500|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||135,000 m2 exclusive of recent expansions|
|No. of floors||
Limketkai Center (Chinese: 林克凱市場偕中心, Línkèkǎi shìchǎng xié zhōngxīn; or 林克凱中心, Línkèkǎi zhōngxīn, "Limketkai Center") is an expansive shopping center complex in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. Known by the locals as Ketkai, it is owned and developed by Limketkai Sons, Inc., the largest factory and business district developer in the city.
Located in the city's central business district, particularly within the mixed-use 40 hectare Limketkai Business Park in Lapasan, arguably the biggest Shopping Center in the island of Mindanao. The sprawling, two-storey mall has over 500 diversified tenants, offering a complementary mix of internationally and nationally recognized stores, local boutique shops, fast-food chains and specialty fine-dining restaurants. It also offers a complete range of facilities including four modern movie theatres, food courts, entertainment and day-care centers, spas and clinics.
- 1 Featured Landmark Establishments in the only Mindanao integrated CBD
- 1.1 Limketkai Luxe Hotel
- 1.2 Limketkai Gateway Tower
- 1.3 Limketkai Corporate Office
- 1.4 Limketkai Mall
- 1.5 Rosario Strip and Gateway Park
- 1.6 The Loop at Limketkai Center
- 1.7 Robinsons Cagayan de Oro
- 1.8 Limketkai BPO-Module Cyberpark Building
- 1.9 Vista Mall (All Home)
- 1.10 Natasha Office
- 1.11 BDO Regional Office
- 1.12 Traveler's Pod
- 1.13 Robinson's Supermarket
- 1.14 Robinson's Department Store
- 1.15 Grand Caprice
- 1.16 Professional Regulation Commission
- 1.17 DMC Boutique
- 1.18 Mandaue Foam
- 1.19 Philippine National Bank
- 1.20 Shopwise
- 1.21 Our Lady of Manaoag Chapel
- 1.22 Limketkai Cluster of Residential Condominiums
- 1.23 Limketkai 5 star Gold Hotel
- 2 Entertainment
- 3 Expansion
- 4 Incidents and controversies
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Featured Landmark Establishments in the only Mindanao integrated CBD
Limketkai Luxe Hotel
It is the biggest hotels in the city and the tallest in Mindanao with 213 guest rooms, state-of-the-art facilities, and is located inside this mall complex. The box-type tower is an iconic landmark to the city that is stand in solid gold, resembling Cagayan de Oro as the City of Golden Friendship.
Limketkai Gateway Tower
The Limketkai Office Building also called The Gateway Tower is an office complex building that houses about 20 office spaces and 5 restaurants. This tower has recorded as the tallest building in Northern Mindanao in 2009 with the roof height of 146 ft. (44 m) before to be built the Hotel Limketkai and Centrio Hotel. Also, the building is connected with overpass through C.M. Recto national highway.
Limketkai Corporate Office
The headquarters of Limketkai Sons, Inc. and the Marca Leon Cooking Oils.
Opened between 1991-1992, Limketkai Mall is the biggest mall in Cagayan de Oro City. It is often referred to by locals as just 'Ketkai' and the official name of the area where the mall is located is Limketkai Center. It is where all major prominent and signature stores in Northern Mindanao, Mindanao area are here. It is said it resides in the top 20 biggest malls in the world which is quite an achievement as Cagayan de Oro is not that big.
Rosario Strip and Gateway Park
It is where the nightlife food resto's are located here. Others are closing in Late Night and others are open 24 Hours.
The Loop at Limketkai Center
“The Loop” will rise at the Limketkai Center – the only central business district in Mindanao that is currently the center of the city’s life, as its main commercial and entertainment hub.
The two 25-storey towers will each be crowned by a “sky garden” – a landscaped roof deck where residents can enjoy the winds from the mountains and the view of the city and the Bay. The Loop’s Clubhouse, called “The Canopy,” comes with a function room, fitness gym, play area and refreshing pool.
Designed to be totally welcoming and cozy, the brightly-lit lobby will open its arms to residents and guests at the end of a tiring day. The relaxed reception and security desk will both guarantee the residents’ safety and privacy while making guests feel at home.
The towers will nest studios, and one to three bedroom residences. Sleeping areas, efficiency kitchens and full toilet-and-baths give homeowners everything they need to live comfortably. The Loop comes equipped with 24/7 security and safety features – including fire warning and handling, garbage collection and utilities.
Robinsons Cagayan de Oro
Located at the end portion of West Concourse of this mall complex, Robinsons Cagayan De Oro is the first Robinsons Mall in Mindanao which was opened in 2002. It houses Robinsons Applicances, Robinsons Department Store, Robinsons Supermarket, Daiso Handyman, and anchor shops that is hosted by Robinsons Malls.
Limketkai BPO-Module Cyberpark Building
With Cagayan de Oro City’s BPO industry now picking up, a 4-storey building with 2 basements will rise at the forming parking lot across Robinsons at Limketkai Center. Officially called Limketkai Mall Module-2 BPO & Cyberpark Building, the project has just been endorsed by the City Council through Ordinance No. 12408-2016 for its application with the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) as an Information Technology (IT) Center and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Building
Vista Mall (All Home)
The newest mall owned by Vista Land (Manny Villar) schedule to open somewhat in 2018-2019
An office store inside the Limketkai Center
BDO Regional Office
The Regional Headquarters of BDO-Unibank here in Cagayan de Oro City standing at 5 floors. They supervised all BDO-Unibank establishments in Northern Mindanao. Also they're role has to cater clients in the Northern Mindanao region.
A cozy travellers Pod located @ ground floor Limketkai Gateway Tower 1.
Anchored in the Limketkai Mall, located at Ground Floor South Concourse.
Robinson's Department Store
Anchored in the Limketkai Mall, located at 2nd Level West and South Concourse.
A Restaurant and convention hall where most of the major meetings, assembly, conference in Cagayan de Oro City gathered here.
Professional Regulation Commission
A government agency assess examinations for aspiring graduate to become a licensed professional, also to supervised and regulate the licensed professionals here in Cagayan de Oro City and neighboring places. Located @ Skypark, Limketkai Mall.
An online gaming arcade located @ Rosario Crescent.
A home and furniture store.
Philippine National Bank
An office bank located at Limketkai Avenue
Our Lady of Manaoag Chapel
Since the 1990s, Masses have been celebrated at Limketkai; first near the South Concourse entrance, then at the Limketkai Atrium. In 2014, the Masses were moved to another location - this time to a brand-new chapel inside the mall's East Annex next to Shopwise. The chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag.
Limketkai Cluster of Residential Condominiums
Planned clustered high rise condo's aside from The Loop, to be located somewhere at the back of BDO-Unibank Regional Office.
Limketkai 5 star Gold Hotel
The 36 floors Building Commenced somewhat before the year 2020 end's. They halt their construction because they want to look up the performance of Limketkai Luxe Hotel before commencing other one.
Signature Stores Around Limketkai Center
Mcdonald's (First Store outside Metro Manila excluding the one in Subic)
Jollibee (First fastfood chain brand outside Metro Manila)
Starbuck's Coffee (First brand coffee shop in Mindanao)
Chowking Limketkai (Biggest Branch in Cagayan de Oro)
KFC Limketkai (Their first fastfood chain branch in Mindanao)
Shakey's LKK Mall & Gateway park (Their Legacy Store (in gateway park) in VisMin Region)
F & F (First British Clothing line in the Philippines)
Terranova (First and only clothing store in Mindanao)
Marks & Spencer (First British Clothing line brand in Mindanao)
David's Tea House (First and only branch in Mindanao)
Kagay-Anon Restaurant (Homegrown Restaurant serving authentic Kagay-anon dishes)
World of Fun (first gaming arcade in Mindanao)
FullyBooked (Flagship Store in Mindanao)
Krispy Kreme (Flagship Store in Cagayan de Oro. Also the First Standalone Store in Asia-Pacific region)
Mumuso (First Korean store in Vismin Region)
Periwinkle (First and only children's store in Mindanao)
Lacoste (Their first store in Mindanao)
Nike Park (clothing,sports,apparel, and shoe line store also highlighting Air Jordan brands)
Toby's Arena (First sports and apparel store in Mindanao)
HandyMan (Home improvement & hardware store owned by Robinson's)
Abenson (Consumer electrics store)
Pizza Republic (The only pizza chain of store in Mindanao, originated from Cebu)
Amor's sbread your love (First breadshop brand outside Metro Manila)
Figaro (The only Coffee store to be located in Limketkai,Cagayan de Oro)
Ale Restaurant (homegrown restaurant)
Yellow Cab (24/7 open pizza chain)
EZ Shop (body enhancer store, first in Mindanao)
Ystillo Salon (Owned by Vina Morales and Shaina Magdayao)
Magnum Express Shuttle (direct bus shuttle from Laguindingan-Cagayan de Oro)
LTO Drug Testing Center (LTO's sattelite office)
Missy BonBon (Flagship Store)
Beyond the Box (Selling about Apple's consumer machines and devices)
Washington (Premium Watch Retailer store, franchiser of world renowned watches in the Philippines. First Store outside Metro Manila)
GLOBE GEN-3 store (One of the first store of them together with SM North Edsa to renovate their regular store into World-Class Network Store to redefine and introduces new and trending technologies for the clients as well as to attract more customers.)
Bank's and Services located @the center
Philippine National Bank (One in Limketkai Avenue and in North Concourse)
Bank of the Philippine Island's
Banco de Oro-Unibank
Bank of Commerce
FWD Insurance (An life insurance service)
SMART (A network, telephone, internet services store)
GLOBE (A network, telephone, internet services store)
PARASAT (An homegrown fixed cable and internet operator)
CEBUANA LHUILLIER (An remittance and a pawnshop)
LBC (Delivery Services)
M'L Kwarta Padala
The Generics Pharmacy
Rose Pharmacy (2 branches)
Southstar Drug (2 branches)
Watson's (personal care & drugstore)
Drive Thru Store's
Mcdonald's (open 24 hours)
Jollibee (open 24 hours)
Krispy Kreme (6am-1am)
Limketkai Mall is home to an activity venue called the Atrium. It has a 4,500 seat capacity, and has hosted many local, national and international conventions and concerts in the city yearly. It was also here where the city local candidates held their debate during the 2016 elections.
The Rotunda is a circular event venue has been drawing large crowds especially on weekends.
Since its opening in 1992, Limketkai Mall has been under constant renovation and expansion, in order to compete with the national retailers such as SM and Ayala that expand their businesses in the city.
Most notable was the general renovation, which started in 2003 in response to the newly-built and bigger SM City Cagayan de Oro. The mostly one-storey, open-air shopping center was converted into a two-storey, fully air-conditioned mall. The renovated main mall was connected then to Robinsons Big R (now Robinsons Cagayan de Oro) for the convenience of shoppers crossing between the two malls.
Most recent expansions include the East Concourse Wing, which houses high-end fashion and lifestyle shops. Connecting the East Concourse Wing is value-hypermarket Shopwise, which has an indoor automated car park on its first level offering 500 slots.
The Green Lane, which surrounds the Atrium, is a new expansion for high-end shops connecting the East Concourse to the South Concourse. The new glass-clad promenade was built directly above the South Promenade and is lined with trees and plants, and is targeted as an upscale greenbelt corner.
The Limketkai Skywalk connects the main mall to other buildings of the complex, such as the newly renovated and expanded Rosario Strip, Limketkai Luxe Hotel, Gateway Tower and Gateway Park.
Meanwhile, a four-storey building with leasable space and two basements serving as parking space called Limketkai Mall Module-2 BPO & Cyberpark Building, is now under construction in front of Robinsons Cagayan de Oro. This building expansion will be connected then to the mall's North Concourse.
Another multilevel building is said to rise soon at the mall's parking D area between Shell's gasoline station and The Loop showroom. This building will be connected to the mall's South Concourse.
Incidents and controversies
Rosario Arcade bombing
A bomb explosion ripped through a row of upscale restaurants at the Rosario Arcade on the night of July 26, 2013. The bombing killed at least 6 and injured 48 others. Investigations found out that it was the Abu Sayyaf who led the incident and pointed out Renierlo Dongon as the primary suspect of the bombing. Dongon had served as a leader of the Khilafa Islamiya and once arrested sometime in 2013 and is connected as well to Abu Sayyaf. In the midst of the Bohol clashes, Dongon along with his wife Supt. Maria Cristina Nobleza was later caught by the authorities on April 23, 2017.
Since 2009, concerns have been raised from several church groups and organizations after a casino was planned to open inside the mall complex. The casino would be operated under Diamond Millenium Corporation, represented by Lorenzo U. Limketkai and have a PAGCOR e-Games Station. It would be placed inside the Lifestyle Podium next to the Limketkai Luxe Hotel which is currently under construction and is set to open in January 2018. The Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro expressed their opposition to this proposal, saying that the chapel could be removed and Mass would no longer be celebrated if the plan were to go ahead. The Committee on Trade and Commerce of the city's local government is yet to review the proposal.
- List of shopping malls in the Philippines
- List of largest shopping malls in the Philippines
- Cagayan de Oro
- Robinsons Malls
- Restaurants, bars and coffeeshops in and around Limketkai Mall, Limketkai Center Disclaimer Page (2012)
- Limketkai Center Atrium Lkks.com Retrieved 10 2012
- "Limketkai Luxe Hotel, Cagayan De Oro, Philippines". Asiatravel.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- jmlaran (2017-05-30). "Hotel, rafting outfitters in Oro report canceled bookings". SunStar. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Jr., Conrado M. Diaz. "Robinsons to open two new malls in Sta Rosa, Cagayan de Oro". philstar.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Malls, Robinsons Malls Robinsons. "Mall Info | Robinsons Malls". Robinsons Malls. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- dbarbajo (2017-05-20). "Cagayan de Oro's mall avenue". SunStar. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Admin, CDODev (2013-11-18). "RANDOM SHOTS: Shopwise Day 2". CDODev.Com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "NOW OPEN: Shopwise Limketkai". TsadaGyud!. 2013-11-16. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "About Us". Shopwise. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Admin, CDODev (2013-11-18). "Shopwise opening increases foot traffic at Limketkai Mall's East Concourse Level 2". CDODev.Com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "The New Chapel at Limketkai Mall East Annex". TsadaGyud!. 2014-09-15. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Sunday Mass - Limketkai Center". Limketkai Center. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- xxxxx. "inCDO: Viva! Our Lady of Manaoag". inCDO. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Admin, CDODev (2014-09-27). "Limketkai Mall starts 9-day Novena at new Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag Chapel". CDODev.Com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Limketkai Mall's Our Lady of Manaoag Advent Mass Schedule for December • CLIX". CLIX. 2014-12-02. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "The Atrium - Limketkai Center". www.ntradeshows.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Cagayan de Oro City's Final Debate For Mayor and Vice-Mayor Candidates is Set!". About Cagayan de Oro. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- dbarbajo (2015-11-18). "Toy hobbyists flock to 'Toy Show at Ketkai'". SunStar. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "New Limketkai Cinemas to feature Dolby Atmos technology". www.CDODev.Com | PROGRESS WATCH : Cagayan de Oro and Misamis Oriental. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- "ATMOS Dolby: A Whole New Reason to go to the movies". Kagay-an®. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Inside the new Limketkai Cinemas CDO". Mindanaoan. 2015-05-17. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Gallardo, Froilan. "Bomb kills 6, wounds 28 in CDO's LimKetKai's arcade | MindaNews". www.mindanews.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "A Tour of the Limketkai Mall's Green Lane". TsadaGyud!. 2014-02-06. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
- "Blast in Cagayan de Oro kills at least 6". Rappler. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Lab cop dumped cop to marry Sayyaf terrorist". Manila Standard. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- dbarbajo (2017-04-25). "Dongon wanted for bombings in Cagayan de Oro City". SunStar. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- jmlaran (2017-02-19). "Limketkai lawyer says negative issues on casino 'not new'". SunStar. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Limketkai Sons Inc. Plans to Establish Casino". About Cagayan de Oro. 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Admin, CDODev (2009-10-27). "Limketkai to open PAGCOR e-Games Station at Rosario Arcade". CDODev.Com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Casino News Magazine". www.betphase.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Limketkai company plans to open casino". Mindanao Gold Star Daily. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Admin, CDODev (2017-02-07). "Limketkai group planning casino venture". CDODev.Com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "CDO archbishop opposes new casino | CBCPNews". CBCPNews. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- Orias, Pamela Jay F. "Limketkai to house casino, Church opposes". SunStar Cagayan de Oro. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "Strong Disapproval of the Church towards proposed Casino at Limketkai Sons Inc. – Tsadani". www.tsadani.com. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shopping malls in the Philippines.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Limketkai Center.|