13 March 1982
|Other names||Elbow Princess|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Style||Muay Thai, Kickboxing|
|Team||Dirty South MMA |
Redline Training Center
|Years active||2005–2013 (Muay Thai) |
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Lina Länsberg (born 13 March 1982) is a Swedish professional mixed martial artist who is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). As of October 31, 2018, she is #15 in official UFC women's bantamweight rankings.
Muay Thai career
Länsberg started training in Muay Thai in 2003, at the age of 21. During her decorated Muay Thai career she fought on the biggest stage, winning the gold medal at the IFMA World Championship two times, 2008 and 2012. She won the silver medal two times, 2010 and 2011, and bronze once, 2007. She also won the gold medal at the IFMA-EMF European Muay Thai Championships in 2013, and the bronze medal in 2012.
In addition to the international success, she won the Swedish Muay Thai Championship three times, in 2007, 2012 and 2013 as well as winning the Nordic Championship in 2010. She also won the WMC Scandinavian Professional Muay Thai title in 2012. Her Muay Thai record stands at 37-11, including fights against top names such as Valentina Shevchenko.
Mixed martial arts career
In her professional MMA debut, Länsberg fought fellow Swedish rising star Pannie Kianzad on 29 December 2012 at Trophy MMA 1.
She would then go on to win her next 6 fights (4 by TKO, 2 by decision) as she competed in Cage Warriors and other European promotions. This included her defeating Alexandra Buch by TKO in the first round on 16 May 2015 at Superior Challenge 12, to win the promotional Women's Bantamweight title. Another big victory came by unanimous decision against Lucie Pudilová on 28 November 2015 at Battle of Botnia 2015.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
She was first expected to face Verónica Macedo on 18 March 2017 at UFC Fight Night 107. However, Macedo later had to pull out due to injury. Länsberg instead had a rematch with Lucie Pudilová at the same event. It was a back-and-forth fight, with Länsberg appearing to be in control over the first two rounds and Pudilová rallying for a comeback in the third, in the end Länsberg won by unanimous decision. Afterwards, she expressed disappointment with her performance, saying she believed that Pudilová maybe should have been awarded the victory. Despite this, a majority of the media score cards still agreed with the judges and had Länsberg as the winner.
Länsberg was expected to face Leslie Smith on 16 July 2017 at UFC Fight Night 113. However, she later had to withdraw from the fight due to an injury and was replaced by Amanda Lemos. Länsberg revealed that she had tore up some old injuries in training camp.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Superior Challenge
- SC Women's Bantamweight Championship (one time; first)
- World Muaythai Council
- 2012 WMC Scandinavian Professional Muay Thai Championship (-63,5 kg)
- Regional championships
- 2006 Swedish National Muay Thai Chamopionship (-63,5 kg)
- 2007 Swedish National Muay Thai Championship (-63,5 kg)
- 2007 Nordic Muay Thai Championship (-63,5 kg)
- 2007 Thailand, Bangla Boxing Stadium Championship (-63,5 kg)
- 2010 Nordic Muay Thai Championship (-63,5 kg)
- 2011 Nordic Muay Thai Championship (-63,5 kg)
- 2012 Antalya Turkey Championship (-63,5 kg)
- 2012 Swedish National Muay Thai Championship (-63,5 kg)
- 2013 Swedish National Muay Thai Championship (-63,5 kg)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|12 matches||8 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||8–4||Yana Kunitskaya||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 229||6 October 2018||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||8–3||Gina Mazany||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Till||27 May 2018||3||5:00||Liverpool, England|
|Loss||7–3||Aspen Ladd||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Till||21 October 2017||2||2:33||Gdańsk, Poland|
|Win||7–2||Lucie Pudilová||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Manuwa vs. Anderson||18 March 2017||3||5:00||London, England|
|Loss||6–2||Cris Cyborg||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Cyborg vs. Lansberg||24 September 2016||2||2:29||Brasilia, Brazil||Catchweight (140 lbs) bout.|
|Win||6–1||Maria Hougaard Djursaa||TKO (punches)||Odense Fight Night 5||12 March 2016||2||2:00||Odense, Denmark||Featherweight bout.|
|Win||5–1||Lucie Pudilová||Decision (unanimous)||Battle of Botnia 2015||28 November 2015||3||5:00||Umeå, Sweden|
|Win||4–1||Alexandra Buch||TKO (punches and elbows)||Superior Challenge 12||16 May 2015||1||2:33||Malmö, Sweden||Won the SC Women's Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||3–1||Laura Howarth||TKO (retirement)||Cage Warriors FC 71||22 August 2014||1||5:00||Amman, Jordan|
|Win||2–1||Emma Delaney||TKO (punches and elbows)||Cage Warriors FC 66||22 March 2014||3||2:26||Ballerup, Denmark||Bantamweight debut.|
|Win||1–1||L.J. Adams||Decision (unanimous)||Heroes FC||23 March 2013||3||5:00||Halmstad, Sweden||Catchweight (139 lbs) bout.|
|Loss||0–1||Pannie Kianzad||TKO (punches)||Trophy MMA 1||12 December 2012||3||4:44||Malmö, Sweden|
- UFC profile - Lina Lansberg; Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- Tapology - Lina Lansberg; Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Fighter Rankings | UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 2018-10-31.
- "September 12 Results: Female Muaythai Rocked IFMA World Championship". iFmamuaythai.org. 2012-09-13.
- "Who Is "The Elbow Princess" Lina Lansberg?". mmalatestnews.com. 2016-08-05.
- "Awakening fighters - Lina Länsberg". awakeningfighters.com.
- "Reportage: Lina Länsberg är allt annat än en nybörjare (Swedish) / Lina Länsberg is everything but a beginner". mmanytt.se. 2012-12-27.
- "Lina Länsberg (Swedish)". gripencrossfit.se.
- "After ballet and muay Thai, why did 'Cyborg' opponent Lina Lansberg turn to MMA? 'Really thin gloves'". mmajunkie.com. 2016-09-06.
- "Cageside photos : Lina Akthar Länsberg vs Alexandra Buch at SC 12". mmaviking.com. 2015-05-17.
- "Cageside Photos : Lina Akhtar Länsberg vs. Lucie Pudilova at BoB 2015". mmaviking.com. 2015-12-04.
- "Cris 'Cyborg' faces Lina Lansberg in main event for UFC Fight Night in Brazil". foxsports.com.
- "Lansberg Lasts Till Round Two, But Stopped by Cyborg". mmaviking.com. 2016-09-25.
- "Johnson vs. Omielanczuk, Lansberg vs. Macedo added to UFC Fight Night 107 in London". mmafighting.com. 2017-01-19.
- "Veronica Macedo out, promotion seeks new opponent for Lina Lansberg at UFC Fight Night 107". mmajunkie.com. 2017-02-28.
- "Lina Lansberg gets new (but familiar) opponent for next week's UFC Fight Night 107". mmajunkie.com. 2017-03-11.
- "UFC London Results: Lina Lansberg Survives Pudilova's Comeback Effort". 2017-03-18.
- "UFC Results: "Elbow Queen" Lansberg Scores The Win Over Pudilova In Fight Pass Opener". mmaimports.com. 2017-03-18.
- "UFC Fight Night 107 results: Lina Lansberg wins, but says Lucie Pudilova deserved bloody victory". mmajunkie.com. 2017-03-18.
- "MMAdecisions: Lina Lansberg vs Lucie Pudilova". mmadecisions.com. 2017-03-18.
- "Leslie Smith vs. Lina Lansberg set for UFC Fight Night 113 in Glasgow". mmafighting.com. 2017-05-30.
- "Lina Lansberg Injured; Leslie Smith Now Faces Amanda Lemos at UFC Fight Night 113". sherdog.com. 2017-06-22.
- Russell, Darren (22 June 2017). "Lina Lansberg Ruled Out Of UFC Glasgow Due To Injury - Nordic MMA Everyday at MMA Viking". Nordic MMA Everyday at MMA Viking. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "UFC Fight Night 118 results: Aspen Ladd pounds out Lina Lansberg in 2nd". MMAjunkie. 2017-10-21. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "Aspen Ladd set for UFC debut in Gdansk against Lina Lansberg". mmafighting.com. 2017-09-26.
- DNA, MMA. "Gina Mazany stuit op Lina Länsberg tijdens UFC Fight Night 130 in Liverpool". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Gina Mazany vs. Lina Lansberg set for UFC Liverpool". mmafighting.com. 2018-03-23.
- "UFC Fight Night 130 results: Lina Lansberg controls Gina Mazany, clinches way to decision win". MMAjunkie. 2018-05-27. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- Staff (2018-08-06). "Kunitskaya vs. Lansberg headed to UFC 229 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-08-06.
- "UFC 229 play-by-play and live results". MMAjunkie. 2018-10-06. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- Sherdog.com. "Lina". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-09-14.