Magull with SC Freiburg in 2016
|Full name||Lina Maria Magull|
|Date of birth||15 August 1994|
|Place of birth||Dortmund, Germany|
|Height||1.66 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|2009–2012||FSV Gütersloh 2009||38||(23)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 September 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16:04, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
Lina Magull started her youth career playing for Hörder SC from 1999 to 2002. She spent the next six years with Hombrucher SV where she played in an all-boy team. In 2008, she moved in the course of her appointment at the girls' boarding school of the Football and Athletics Association of Westfalia in SuS Kaiserau's youth team C (boys).
One year later she started her senior career with the second division side FSV Gütersloh 2009 and helped them gain the promotion to the Bundesliga. In the season 2012/13 Magull signed a contract with VfL Wolfsburg. She made her Frauen-Bundesliga debut on 23 September 2012 in the devastating 6–0 victory against VfL Sindelfingen. Just four days later, she successfully came on to make her Champions League debut in VfL Wolfsburg's 5–1 away win against the Polish club Unia Racibórz. On 14 November 2012, Magull scored her first league goal for VfL Wolfsburg against her former club Gütersloh in a game which eventually ended with 10–0 victory to Wolfsburg. She won the 2012–13 treble with Wolfsburg. On 12 November 2014, Magull scored two goals against SV Neulengbach to help Wolfsburg past through to the quarter-final of the 2014-15 UEFA Women's Champions League.
On 21 May 2015, she extended her contract with Wolfsburg which will keep her at the German club until 2018. In addition, she was also loaned out to play for the Bundesliga side SC Freiburg so that she will have more chances to develop her career. In May 2016, her loan at SC Freiburg was extended for another year, running until 2017.
Lina Magull has been chosen to represent junior teams by the German Football Association since 2008. In 2010 and 2011, she played in the UEFA Women's Under-17 Championship and finished in the third place respectively. She participated in the German squad competing in the 2012 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Japan. In the second group game against Ghana, Magull scored the only winning goal in injury time of the second half to help Germany secure their place in the quarter-final. Germany eventually reached the final but lost 0–1 to the United States. In 2013, she played in the 2013 UEFA Women's Under-19 Championship in Wales and reached the semi-finals, where her Germany were defeated 1–2 by France. In her second FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Canada, Germany, under Magull's captaincy, became the champions after a 1–0 victory after extra time against Nigeria.
On 13 October 2015, Magull (along with Mandy Islacker) was called up to the Germany senior team for the first time in preparation for the two UEFA Women's Euro 2017 qualifiers against Russia and Turkey.
Scores and results list Germany's goal tally first:
|Magull – goals for Germany|
|1.||25 October 2015||Sandhausen, Germany||Turkey||5–0||7–0||UEFA Women's Euro 2017 qualifying|
|3.||24 October 2017||Großaspach, Germany||Faroe Islands||7–0||11–0||2019 FIFA Women's World Cup qualifying|
|4.||10 April 2018||Domžale, Slovenia||Slovenia||1–0||4–0|
|5.||4 September 2018||Tórshavn, Faroe Islands||Faroe Islands||2–0||8–0|
|7.||10 November 2018||Osnabrück, Germany||Italy||1–0||5–2||Friendly|
- UEFA Women's Champions League:
- "FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Canada 2014 – List of Players" (PDF).
- "VfL Wolfsburg – Lina Magull". Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Team und Trainerin :: U20-Frauen :: Frauen :: Mannschaften :: DFB – Deutscher Fussball-Bund e.V." dfb.de. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Liveticker: VfL Wolfsburg – VfL Sindelfingen 6:0 (Vrouwen Bundesliga 2012/2013, 3. Ronde)". voetbal.com (in Dutch). Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- Vollmer, Frank (23 September 2012). "FRAUEN BUNDESLIGA: VFL WOLFSBURG VS. VFL SINDELFINGEN 6:0 (3:0)". Archived from the original on 10 March 2014. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Lina Magull - UEFA.com". Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Liveticker: VfL Wolfsburg – FSV Gütersloh 2009 10:0 (Frauen Bundesliga 2012/2013, 1. Spieltag)".
- "7:0 gegen Neulengbach: Wolfsburg locker weiter". DFB.de (in German). DFB. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "MAGULL VERLÄNGERT IN WOLFSBURG UND WIRD NACH FREIBURG AUSGELIEHEN". dfb.de. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Loan extended". VfL Wolfsburg. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "Ghana 0–1 Germany". FIFA.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "EM-Qualifikation: Neid beruft Magull und Islacker". DFB. dfb.de. 13 October 2015. Retrieved 13 October 2015.