Dorado in January 2016
|Birth name||José Cordero|
May 11, 1987 |
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Residence||Camden, New Jersey,
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Billed weight||168 lb (76 kg)|
|Billed from||Camden, New Jersey
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Chihuahua, Juárez, Mexico
|Trained by||Mike Quackenbush
|Debut||February 17, 2007|
José Cordero (born May 11, 1987) is a Puerto Rican professional wrestler currently signed to WWE and performs under the Raw brand in the cruiserweight division under the ring name Lince Dorado. Cordeiro is, perhaps, best known for working for Chikara and several other independent promotions. His ring name is Spanish for "Golden Lynx".
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 In wrestling
- 3 Championships and accomplishments
- 4 Footnotes
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Professional wrestling career
Cordeiro began his training in Mexico under El Pantera until he made his way to the United States in early 2007. On February 17, Dorado, Pantera and Sicodelico, Jr. made their Chikara debuts as a part of Chikara's first-ever King of Trios tournament. The team made an impressive impact, as they advanced to the semi-finals before falling to the team of Mike Quackenbush and ShaneSaw (Shane Storm and Jigsaw). Shortly after the tournament, he moved to the U.S. and began residing in New Jersey in order to compete for Chikara in addition to various promotions in the area. Dorado quickly garnered fan support due to his high-flying wrestling style and he was soon entered into the first-ever Rey de Voladores tournament, which brought together some of the most talented high flying wrestlers on the independent circuit. Despite advancing to the finals, including an upset win over established Chikara wrestler Jigsaw, Dorado lost the tournament Chuck Taylor. At the Anniversario weekend, Dorado began his first feud in Chikara against the returning "Marvelous" Mitch Ryder, which stemmed from Ryder's "patriotic" dislike of "the illegal immigrant Mexicans", which he claimed Dorado to be a part of. During the course of the feud, Dorado scored a major upset victory over Chris Hero via submission with the Chikara Special. The feud culminated when Dorado defeated Ryder in November in a hair vs. mask match. However, their match gained some notoriety after Dorado suffered a seizure and severe concussion after he over-rotated a shooting star senton in the finish of the match that resulted in his head hitting the mat. Post-match, Dorado began suffering a seizure and was tended to by Chikara's founder Mike Quackenbush and Daizee Haze before he was unmasked (though a towel was placed over the top half of his face in order to conceal his identity) and subsequently taken away from the arena in an ambulance. In December, Dorado was released from the hospital and returned to Chikara that same month, where he distracted Ryder during his match with Tim Donst, allowing Donst to score an upset victory.
King of Trios and The Future is Now (2008–2009)
Dorado would return to the ring in January, teaming with Claudio Castagnoli and Ophidian to defeat Mike Quackenbush, Tim Donst and Amasis in a Trios Increibles match. During the match, Dorado utilized a more grounded style of wrestling instead of his usual high flying style. Dorado then entered the King of Trios tournament, where he rejoined El Pantera and aligned with luchador Incognito to form Los Luchadores de Mexico. The team would go on to win the tournament, lastly defeating The BLKOUT (Eddie Kingston, Ruckus and Joker) after Dorado made Kingston submit with the Chikara Special. Following the tournament, Kingston was not seen for a couple of months afterwards. When Kingston returned, he immediately targeted Dorado and defeated him several times but was repeatedly unsuccessful in keeping him down, driving Kingston into to the point of total insanity. Aside from his feud with Kingston, Dorado joined former enemy Jimmy Olsen (who, at the time, began competing as both himself and as the second Equinox) and Helios to form The Future is Now in order to feud with The UnStable (Vin Gerard (the first Equinox), STIGMA and Colin Delaney). In late 2008, Olsen (as Equinox) and Dorado won the first-ever La Lotería Letal and were thus granted the three points required to compete for the Campeonatos de Parejas. Olsen (as Equinox) and Dorado, challenged the champions The Osirian Portal at Chikara's "Armdrags to Riches" event on November 16, 2008 in a two out of three falls match. Although Dorado gained the first pinfall, the Portal ultimately retained the title after pinning Dorado and then Equinox. On November 22, 2009, at the season eight finale Three-Fisted Tales Dorado challenged Player Dos for the Young Lions Cup, but was defeated after Dos German suplexed him on the ring steps. After the match Dorado was carried backstage by Equinox and Helios in a scene reminiscent of the events of two years prior.
Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (2010–2011)
On January 31, 2010, at the season nine premiere Dorado and Equinox were scheduled to be a part of Mike Quackenbush's team that was to battle the rudo stable Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (BDK). However, during the eight man tag team match Dorado turned on Equinox and joined BDK, who managed to win the match, when Claudio Castagnoli pinned Dorado's replacement in Quackenbush's team, Eddie Kingston. Afterwards Dorado explained his turn by claiming that the Chikara audience never accepted him, despite his superior athleticism and his two serious injuries suffered inside the Chikara ring. On March 20 at Wit, Verve, and a Bit o' Nerve, Dorado, now sporting a new white and BDK-themed attire, defeated his former tag team partner Equinox in a singles match. On August 28, 2010, Dorado first defeated Gregory Iron in a singles match and then Adam Cole, Cameron Skyy, Keita Yano, Obariyon and Ophidian in a six-way elimination match to make it to the finals of the eighth annual Young Lions Cup tournament. The following day Dorado was defeated in the finals by Frightmare. In October 2010 Dorado made his first tour of Japan with Osaka Pro Wrestling. Dorado was advertised to take part in Chikara's shows on March 12 and 13, 2011, but ended up not appearing at the shows. Following the weekend, Dorado's profile was quietly removed from Chikara's website, confirming his departure from the promotion.
Independent circuit (2007–2016)
After making his Chikara debut, Dorado wrestled for many different promotions sporadically during his tenure with Chikara. In May 2008, Dorado would win the Independent Wrestling Revolution Revolucha Cup after defeating Josh Abercrombie in a two out of three falls final. Dorado made his debut for Dragon Gate USA at Open the Heroic Gate in a dark match where he defeated seven other wrestlers. On October 9, 2009, Dorado won the Sweet Sixteen Tournament at F1RST Wrestling, defeating three other men in the final. A month later he took part in the Open the Freedom Gate Championship tournament, losing to Gran Akuma in the first round. Dorado kicked of 2010 by losing to Rich Swann in a match for the vacant Real Championship Wrestling Cruiserweight Championship. On March 26, Dorado won the Garden State Pro Wrestling Championship by winning a tournament for the vacant title. In May, Dorado lost to Shiima Xion in the first round of the Super Indy IX for International Wrestling Cartel. Two months later, he would lose to Xion again but this time it was for the IWC Super Indy Championship. Dorado won the F1 Heritage Championship after winning a war games match, later vacating it after an 84-day reign. In December, Dorado debuted for Full Impact Pro, losing to Craig Classic in the first round of the Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup.
After leaving Chikara, Dorado would primarily wrestle for I Believe in Wrestling, Florida Underground Wrestling, IGNITE Wrestling and to a lesser extent Dragon Gate USA and its affiliates. Lince Dorado also started working for Dreamwave Wrestling in 2013. On March 14, 2014, Dorado defeated Gran Akuma at Full Impact Pro's Everything Burns and won the FIP Florida Heritage Championship.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2012–2013)
On October 4, 2012, Dorado wrestled a tryout dark match for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), facing Kazarian. On January 12, 2013, Dorado took part in the taping of X-Travaganza (aired on April 5, 2013), wrestling in a seven-man Xscape match, which was won by Christian York.
Cruiserweight division (2016–present)
On April 3, 2016, Dorado was announced as a participant in WWE's Cruiserweight Classic tournament. The tournament began on June 23 with Dorado defeating Mustafa Ali in his first round match. On July 14, Dorado was eliminated from the tournament by Rich Swann in his second round match. On July 22, it was reported Dorado had signed a contract with WWE.
On September 16, Dorado was announced as part of Raw's cruiserweight division. Dorado made his Raw cruiserweight division debut on the September 21 episode of Main Event, losing to Rich Swann. On the Hell in a Cell pre-show, Dorado teamed with Sin Cara and Cedric Alexander in a winning effort against Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari. On December 13, Dorado made his 205 Live debut, wrestling Mustafa Ali to a double countout. On the June 26, 2017 episode of Raw, Dorado unsuccessfully challenged Cruiserweight Champion Neville. The following week, on the July 4 edition of 205 Live, Dorado once again lost to Neville.
- Finishing moves
- Chikara Special (Kneeling step-over head-hold wrist-lock followed by hooking the opponent's far leg) – 2017
- Lynxsault (No-handed springboard moonsault) – 2017
- Shooting star press
- Shooting star senton – 2007
- Standing moonsault side slam, sometimes from the top rope – 2017
- Signature moves
- Anaconda vise
- Cartwheel into an over the top rope corkscrew suicide senton or suicide plancha – adopted from Helios
- Corkscrew somersault leg drop
- Diving crossbody
- Double springboard seated senton
- Facebreaker DDT
- Flip DDT
- Leap of Faith (Standing or a running frankensteiner to an opponent on the top rope) – adopted from Jigsaw
- Moonsault, sometimes while standing or while performing a corkscrew
- Multiple kick variations
- Sitout scoop slam piledriver
- Standing shooting star press – adopted from Equinox
- Suicide dive
- Vertical suplex powerbomb
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- Championship Wrestling Entertainment
- CWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jon Cruz
- Dreamwave Wrestling
- Dreamwave Alternative Championship (1 time)
- F1RST Wrestling
- Sweet Sixteen Tournament (2009)
- Force One Pro Wrestling
- F1 Heritage Championship (1 time)
- Full Impact Pro
- Garden State Pro Wrestling
- GSPW Championship (1 time)
- GSPW Championship Tournament (2010)
- National Wrestling Alliance Florida Underground Wrestling
- NWA FUW Flash Championship (1 time)
- Independent Wrestling Revolution
- Revolucha Cup (2008)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- RIOT Pro Wrestling
- RIOT Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Aaron Epic
- Southern Championship Wrestling Florida
- Other championships
- Team HAMMA FIST Championship (1 time)
Luchas de Apuestas record
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Lince Dorado (mask)||Mitch Ryder (hair)||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Chapter 11||November 18, 2007|
|Lince Dorado (title)||Aiden Altair (mask)||Orlando, Florida||Live event||April 7, 2012||[Note 1]|
|Lince Dorado (mask)||Chasyn Rance (hair)||Orlando, Florida||With Malice||October 12, 2013|||
- Dorado's SCW Florida Cruiserweight Championship was on the line.
- "Lince Dorado". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Archived from the original on 2013-01-22. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "IWC profile". International Wrestling Cartel. Archived from the original on 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- Lince Dorado at Cage Match
- "Lince Dorado". Chikarafans.com. Archived from the original on 2010-01-03. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "BDK Roster". Chikarapro.com. Archived from the original on 2010-04-10. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Cagematch profile".
- ""King of Trios 2007: Night Three" - 2/18/2007". Chikarafans.com. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- ""Rey de Voladores" - 4/22/2007". Chikarafans.com. Archived from the original on 2010-01-04. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- ""Aniversario!" - 5/27/2007". Chikarafans.com. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- ""Chapter 11" - 11/18/2007". Chikarafans.com. Archived from the original on 2010-01-04. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- ""Stephen Colbert - Bill O'Reilly" - 12/9/2007". Chikarafans.com. Archived from the original on 2010-01-04. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- ""Two Eyebrows Are Better Than One" 1/27/2008". Chikarafans.com. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "King of Trios 2008: Night 3" - 3/2/2008". Chikarafans.com. Archived from the original on 2010-01-03. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- """Armdrags to Riches" – 11/16/2008". Chikarafans.com. 2008-11-16. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- ""Three-Fisted Tales" ~ Live Results". Chikarafans.com. 2009-11-22. Archived from the original on 2010-01-03. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Ford, Kevin (2010-02-07). "The CHIKARA Special 2.07.10: The Cat's Out Of The Bag". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "Blog #89 - Lince Dorado". Chikara. 2010-02-07. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Ford, Kevin (2010-04-19). "CHIKARA Review: Wit, Verve, and a Bit O' Nerve". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- Cambo, Rick (2010-09-18). "CHIKARA Young Lions Cup day two report". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- Cambo, Rick (2010-09-19). "CHIKARA Young Lions day three report". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- "Official results". Osaka Pro Wrestling (in Japanese). Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Jonathan (2010-10-31). "Weekly Thoughts: CHIKARA Statistics". Osaka Holiday Paradise. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Boutwell, Josh (2012-10-13). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Trionfo, Richard (2013-01-12). "RVD vs. Jerry Lynn: Full TNA One Night Only X-Travaganza results". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- Fernandes, Steven (2016-04-02). "New competitor enters NXT's Global Cruiserweight Series". PWInsider. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- Williams, JJ (2016-06-23). "WWE Cruiserweight Classic round one spoilers: Sabre Jr, Swann, Gargano, Ibushi, more!". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2016-06-24.
- Williams, JJ (2016-07-14). "WWE Cruiserweight Classic round two spoilers". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Wolkenbrod, Rob (2016-09-16). "WWE Announces Lince Dorado for Raw's Cruiserweight Division". Daily DDT. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- Wortman, James (2016-09-16). "The Cruiserweights arrive on Raw". WWE. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- Timothy, Kevin (2016-09-23). "WWE Main Event results: Rich Swann vs. Lince Dorado". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- Lince Dorado vs. Neville: Raw, June 26, 2017
- Lince Dorado vs. Neville: WWE 205 Live, July 4, 2017
- Radican, Sean (2009-09-29). "Radican's Chikara DVD review: 5/24 "Anniversario Yang" - The Colony vs. F.I.S.T, 8-Man Tag". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- Ford, Kevin (2010-06-17). "100 Percent Fordified: CHIKARA King of Trios Night One". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- Ford, Kevin (2010-09-22). "100 Percent Fordified: CHIKARA Young Lions Cup VIII, Night Two". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- Ford, Kevin (2010-03-28). "CHIKARA Review: The Mint Condition". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- Ford, Kevin (2010-06-20). "100 Percent Fordified: CHIKARA Aniversario Elf". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Blog #133 - Lince Dorado". Chikara. 2010-07-20. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Blog #162 - Tim Donst". Chikara. 2010-10-07. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "Entrance themes".
- "Theme Music History". Chikara Fans. Archived from the original on 2009-08-30. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- Chikara A Touch of Class (DVD). Smart Mark Video. 2010.
- "WWE: Golden Rush (Lince Dorado) - Single". WWE Music Group. iTunes. September 30, 2016. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "RESULTS". Chikarapro.com. Archived from the original on 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Provorse, JD (2009-10-25). "Second Night Results From F1RST Wrestling's Sweet Sixteen Tournament, Featuring Chikara Stars". PWInsider. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- "Force One Pro Wrestling roster". Force One Pro Wrestling. Retrieved 2010-09-05.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2017". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- Namako, Jason (2014-02-26). "Indy show results from 2/21/14 to 2/23/14". WrestleView. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Solie's Title Histories: SCW - SOUTHERN CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING". Solie.org. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "New Hamma Fist Champion". Bearsley Enterprises, LLC. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- Trionfo, Richard (2013-10-12). "Complete FIP With Malice report: Hair versus Mask; Akuma versus Swann; Ben Dejos versus Bravados; update on Jon Davis in FIP; and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lince Dorado.|