Lincoln-Way East High School
|Lincoln-Way East High School|
201 Colorado Avenue
|School type||Public Secondary|
|School district||Lincoln-Way Com. H.S. 210|
|Superintendent||R. Scott Tingley|
|Teaching staff||151.47 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.73|
|Athletics conference||Southwest Suburban Conference|
Lincoln-Way East High School or LWE, is a four-year public high school located approximately three miles south of Interstate 80 near the intersection of La Grange Road and Lincoln Highway in Frankfort, Illinois, a southern suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. It is a part of Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210, which also includes Lincoln-Way Central High School and Lincoln-Way West High School.
In December 1974, voters approved a $4,985,000 bond issue to develop a new freshman–sophomore building on the Frankfort site. Construction began in the summer of 1975, and the school opened in the fall of 1977 as Lincoln-Way High School East Campus. In November 1992, voters agreed to double the size of the campus to accommodate growth. Facilities added included a 42 classroom academic wing, a field house and auditorium. The expansion was completed in March 1995.
In 1997, citizens of District No. 210 approved a $60 million building bond referendum to split the existing freshmen–sophomore / junior–senior configuration into two separate four-year high schools and to add to the existing East and Central Campuses. The East Campus added 50 classrooms and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. While the Central Campus added 50 classrooms, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, a performing arts auditorium with music classrooms, new nursing office, and new administrative offices (PPS). The splitting of Lincoln-Way into two separate high schools became official for the 2001–02 school year as the East Campus became Lincoln-Way East High School.
As of 2018[update], Lincoln-Way East is considered an "exemplary" school, with 1,070 students taking Advanced Placement or dual credit courses, a 97.0% four-year graduation rate (98.3% five-year rate) and 90.6% of students going on to postsecondary education.
- Nick Allegretti, an NFL guard for the Kansas City Chiefs; Super Bowl LIV champion 
- Adam Gettis, professional football player; currently a free agent, having stints with the Washington Football Team (2012−2013), Pittsburgh Steelers (2014), New York Giants (2014−2015), Oakland Raiders (2015), New York Giants (2015–2017), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2017–2018), and Atlanta Falcons (2019)
- "District 210 Administration Staff". Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Lincoln-Way East Administration". Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "IHSA school information: Lincoln-Way Central High School". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 18 September 2009.
- "Lincoln-Way East High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 22, 2020.
- "Lincoln-Way East High School" (PDF). Illinois Report Card. Illinois State Board of Education. 2017–2018. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- Clark, Mike. "Clark: Lincoln-Way East's Nick Allegretti and Neuqua Valley's Mike Dudek stay course for Illinois". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 14 August 2019.