|Born||1957 (age 57)
|Alma mater||Carleton College|
|Genre||Thriller, Techno-thriller, Adventure|
|Notable works||Agent Pendergast series, Jeremy Logan series, Gideon Crew series|
Lincoln Child (born 1957) is an American author of multiple techno-thriller and horror novels. Though he is most well known for his collaborations with Douglas Preston (including the Agent Pendergast series and the Gideon Crew series, among others), he has also written five solo novels, including the Jeremy Logan series. Many of the collaborative novels have become bestsellers, and their first novel together, Relic, was adapted into a feature film. Child and Preston's books are notable for their thorough research.
Life and career
Soon afterward, in 1979, he secured a job as an editorial assistant at St. Martin's Press. By 1984, Child had become full editor. While in this position, he edited hundreds of books, most titles being American and English fiction.
In 1987, after founding the company's mass-market horror division, Child left the St. Martin's Press to become a Systems Analyst at MetLife. Child's first novel (co-written with Preston), Relic, was published in 1995. He left the company a few years later to write full-time.
In 2002, Child began his solo career with the debut novel Utopia, then wrote Death Match in 2004. These two novels were stand-alone works that introduced a new set of characters each time. However, with Deep Storm in 2007, Child introduced the character of Dr. Jeremy Logan, a Yale professor of medieval history and enigmalogist, whose role over the course of the series gradually increases with each book. He appeared in only one chapter in Deep Storm, then became a supporting character in Terminal Freeze (2009), before finally becoming the main protagonist in The Third Gate (2012). Utopia, Deep Storm, and Terminal Freeze all went on to become New York Times best sellers.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)|
Jeremy Logan series
Collaborations with Douglas Preston
Agent Pendergast series
- Relic (1995)
- Reliquary (1997)
- The Cabinet of Curiosities (2002)
- Still Life with Crows (2003)
- Diogenes Trilogy
- The Wheel of Darkness (2007)
- Cemetery Dance (2009)
- Helen Trilogy
- White Fire (2013)
- Blue Labyrinth (2014)
- Crimson Shore (2015)
- The Obsidian Chamber (2016)
Gideon Crew series
- Gideon's Sword (2011)
- Gideon's Corpse (2012)
- The Lost Island (2014)
- Beyond the Ice Limit (2016)
- "Gone Fishing" from Thriller: Stories to Keep You Up All Night (2006)
- "Extraction" [eBook] (2012)
- "Gaslighted: Slappy the Ventriloquist Dummy vs. Aloysius Pendergast" [eBook] (2014) 
- Aloysius Pendergast, main fictional character in one series of books
- Vincent D'Agosta, another character from Child's novels
- Rohan, Virginia. "THE MONSTER ON THE DOODLE PAD – LINCOLN CHILD'S `THE RELIC' IS THE PRODUCT", The Record (Bergen County), 28 January 1997. Accessed 5 December 2007. "When Lincoln Child was just a lad, his mother handed him a big black notebook. First, he doodled in the front. Then, the Morristown novelist recalls, 'I turned to the back, and I drew something so frightening I could never look at it again.'"
- "Grand Central in New Deal with Preston/Child". Publishers Weekly. PWxyz LLC. 1 February 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "The Lost Island". hachettebookgroup.com. Retrieved 23 November 2013.