Lincoln City Bus Station
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2015)|
|Bus operators||Stagecoach in Lincolnshire, TransLinc, Brylaine, Hunt's Travel|
|Connections||Lincoln Central railway station (110 yards [100 m])|
The chief operator is Stagecoach, which runs county-wide services, particularly to Skegness, Boston, Grantham, Scunthorpe and Grimsby. Other Interconnect and CallConnect services are run by InterConnect. National Express Coaches also operate from Lincoln to London (Victoria) and to Westward Ho! in Devon. There is a weekly service from Bourne operated by Kimes.
In 2011 Stagecoach introduced what was thought to be the first buses powered by Methane, operating local routes from the Lincoln Bus Station.
In 2012 planning permission was granted to Lincolnshire Co-operative Society to redevelop the bus station site as part of a development to be known as Lindongate. A new bus station will be included in the development, closer to the railway station.
- "Lincoln, City Bus Station, EX (On Melville Street)". Transport Direct. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Interconnect and CallConnect"; Lincolnshire.gov.uk. Retrieved 24 May 2012
- "Timetable, Bourne-Lincoln" (PDF). Centrebus. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Reid, Charlotte (30 May 2011). "Eco buses hit Lincoln streets". The Lincolnite. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "New bus station plans". Lindongate propsal web site. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Fish, Elizabeth (7 March 2012). "Lindongate: Development of the decade approved". The Lincolnite. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Route maps based on Lincoln bus station" (PDF). Stagecoach group. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Bus services in Lincolnshire". Lincolnshire county council. Retrieved 29 July 2013.