Lincoln Community High School
|Lincoln Community High School|
|Grades||Freshmen - Seniors|
The school is a traditional power in boys' basketball, music, and individual events (speech team) in Central Illinois. The Railsplitters have been Sectional Champions (state finalists) in the state marching tournament in 1929, 1951, 1955, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1978, 1980, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2014. In 2014 the Railers were State Runner-Ups, losing to Morgan Park in the finals. State finalists prior to 1972 was the final 16 in a single-class system, state finalists appearances from 1973 to 2007 were as being in the final 16 of the large school class in a two-class system, and beginning in 2008, Lincoln competes in class 3A in a four-class system with 4A containing the largest schools and the state finalists being the final 8 in each class.
Floyd Bee coached the wrestling team for over 30 years managing a winning season each time. The wrestling program has continued to have a winning season each year since. The girls' basketball team finished second in state in 1978 and fourth in 1999.
The last time the boys football team was in the playoffs was 1985-86 school year, when the team posted a record of 5-4. The football team did qualify for the state playoffs in the 1975-76 and 1984-85 school years. The boys' football team is currently classified as class 4A in an 8 class system,
Academically, the school is consistently at or close to the state average on standardized tests.
The school is currently enduring a bad financial situation, requiring the administration to lay off up to eight teachers. The students will be put into classes with higher amounts of students for the 2011-2012 year, with classrooms having up to 35 students per teacher.
- IHSA 1999 Accessed 2007-08-22.
- IHSA 2003 Accessed 2007-08-22.
- IHSA 2005 Accessed 2007-08-22.
-  Accessed 2010-01-13.
- IHSA.org football season summaries Accessed 2007-08-22.
- IHSA.org football 1974-1979 Accessed 2007-08-22.
- IHSA.org football 1980-1984 Accessed 2007-08-22.
- John Andrews - Former MLB player (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Brian Cook (1999)-NBA player currently playing for Los Angeles Clippers
- Norm Cook - former NBA player and Kansas Jayhawk, father of Brian Cook
- Dick Reichle - Former MLB player (Boston Red Sox)
- Kevin Seitzer - former Major League Baseball third baseman
- Tony Semple - former NFL guard & long snapper
- Andy King - former NFL player