Lincoln County Courthouse (Kemmerer, Wyoming)
Lincoln County Courthouse
|Location||925 Sage Ave., Kemmerer, Wyoming, United States|
|Architect||Headlund & Watkins|
|Architectural style||Beaux Arts, Classical Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||84000385|
|Added to NRHP||November 8, 1984|
The Lincoln County Courthouse is a historic courthouse in Kemmerer, the county seat of Lincoln County, Wyoming, United States. The courthouse's architecture is an unusual mixture of the Beaux-Arts and Classical Revival styles. Built in 1925, it was designed by the Salt Lake City architectural company of Headlund & Watkins. Located at the intersection of Sage Avenue and Garnet Street, the courthouse includes a high dome and classical façade, supported by large brick walls.
The courthouse remains functional today, housing the offices of the county commissioners and offices such as the county assessor, county clerk, and county treasurer. Not all county offices use the courthouse; for example, the sheriff's office is located on a different street.
Located adjacent to the courthouse is the Lincoln County War Memorial. Dedicated on June 1, 1990, the memorial honors residents of Lincoln County who were killed in World War I, World War II, and the Korean and Vietnam Wars.
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- WYOMING - Lincoln County, Nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com. Accessed 2008-10-19.
- Lincoln County, Wyoming Archived 2005-02-05 at the Wayback Machine., Lincoln County, 2008. Accessed 2008-10-19.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Lincoln County Courthouse, Wyoming State Historic Preservation Office, 2008-09-03. Accessed 2008-10-19.
- Lincoln County Board of County Commissioners Archived 2005-02-22 at the Wayback Machine., Lincoln County Commissioners, 2008. Accessed 2008-10-19.
- Lincoln County Assessor's Office Archived 2005-02-05 at the Wayback Machine., assessor's office, 2008. Accessed 2008-10-19
- Lincoln County Clerk's Office Archived 2005-02-07 at the Wayback Machine., clerk's office, 2008. Accessed 2008-10-19.
- Lincoln County Treasurer Archived 2005-02-25 at the Wayback Machine., treasurer's office, 2007. Accessed 2008-10-19
- Sheriff's Office Archived 2010-06-06 at the Wayback Machine., sheriff's office, 2005. Accessed 2008-10-19.
- Diamondville Local Memorials, Diamondville, 2004. Accessed 2008-10-19.