Lincoln Heights Jail
Lincoln Heights Jail, Los Angeles, 2009
421 North Avenue 19|
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lincoln Heights Jail is a reportedly haunted former jail building in the Lincoln Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. It closed in 1965. In 1951, the unprovoked beating of seven prisoners occurred in the prison on what came to be known as "Bloody Christmas". The novel L.A. Confidential and subsequent film, part of which was filmed there, was inspired by the incident.
From 1979 until 2014, the building was the home of the Bilingual Foundation of the Arts. In addition to LA Confidential, it has been used as a set in other films. The 1984 horror movie Nightmare on Elm Street filmed the boiler room scenes here. It was used to film part of the music video "Feeling This" by Blink-182, as well as portions the notorious, award-winning independent film Night Train , produced by nearby San Pedro, California resident Anthony "Twan" Huljev,  which won awards for Best Cinematography and Best New Director at the 2000 FantaSporto International Film Festival  in Oporto, Portugal. The site was also used for filming sections of Lady Gaga's hit single "Telephone" and 5 Seconds of Summer's single "Good Girls". Television series "Cagney and Lacey" used it as a location.
- Matea Gold, "A Tough Cell: City May Renovate, Lease Grimy Old Lincoln Heights Jail", Los Angeles Times, September 10, 1997.
- "L.A. THEN AND NOW; Pasadena's Gold Line Will Travel a History-Laden Route" (13 July 2003) Los Angeles Times
- "DOWNTOWN : Bilingual Arts Group Gets $250,000 Grant", Los Angeles Times, December 18, 1994.
- Randal C. Archibold, "Old Country and New in a Tale of Tamales", The New York Times, December 14, 2008.
- Directo, Danielle (September 26, 2008). "Lincoln Heights Jail's inhabitants". Scene. Retrieved 21 November 2009.
|This article about a United States prison is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Los Angeles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|