Lincoln High School (Canton, Ohio)
|Lincoln High School|
2107 6th St. SW
|Closed||1976 (as a H.S.)|
|Color(s)||Maroon & Gold|
Lincoln High School was a public high school in the Canton City School District from 1926 until 1976.
Due to low enrollment, Lincoln and Lehman High School were closed as traditional high schools at the end of the 1975-76 school year and became junior highs. The Lincoln building would eventually house Heritage Christian School in 1979.
- Don Nehlen – Coach: Head football; became head football coach at West Virginia University, College Football Hall of Fame inductee
- Dave Wottle (born August 7, 1950) gold medal - 800 meter run at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Turner, Aaron. "Stark County Schools". Old Ohio Schools. Retrieved 2015-01-22.
- Keating, Mike (January 25, 2013). "ST. THOMAS LEAVES INDEPENDENT RANKS TO JOIN NCL". Alliance Review. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- Hackenberg, Dave (March 22, 1984). "Falling Enrollment Spawns Dynasties". Toledo Blade. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- "History of Heritage Christian School of Canton, Ohio". Heritage Christian School. Klingstedt Brothers Web Design. 2013. Retrieved 2015-01-22.