Lincoln Northeast High School
|Lincoln Northeast High School|
|2635 N. 63rd Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68507
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Lincoln Public Schools|
|Number of students||1,436 (2012)|
|Color(s)||Black and white|
Lincoln Northeast High School is a public secondary school located in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Lincoln Public Schools district. Lincoln Northeast was founded on September 9, 1941 when three rival schools (Bethany, Havelock and Jackson) were combined into one. The school is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and has been rated "AA" by the Nebraska Department of Education since 1943. Approximately 70% of the staff hold master's degrees.
Lincoln Northeast's 1,600 students operate on a traditional seven-period day schedule. The school colors are black and white and the mascot is the Rocket (named for a famous local train, the "Rock Island Rocket").
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Lincoln Northeast teams have won state championships in the following years:
- Baseball - 1957
- Boys' basketball - 1949, 1950, 1962, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1973, 1982, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
- Girls' basketball - 2005
- Bowling - 2003, 2004, 2006
- Cross country - 1971
- Football - 1943, 1950, 1962, 1972 (tie)
- Gymnastics - 1957, 1958, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1966, 1967
- Boys' golf - 1965
- Volleyball - 1981, 1984, 1991, 1998
- William L. Armstrong, United States Representative and Senator from Colorado
- Shawn Bouwens, professional football player, played for the Detroit Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars
- Joba Chamberlain, professional baseball player, pitcher for the Detroit Tigers
- Gene V. Glass, statistician who coined the term "meta-analysis"
- Trevor Johnson, professional football player
- Joseph Robert "Bob" Kerrey, Medal of Honor recipient; President of The New School in New York City; Governor of Nebraska; U.S. Senator from Nebraska; 1992 Democratic Presidential candidate
- Peggy Liddick, Australian Women's National Gymnastics coach
- Mike Lux, co-founder and president of Progressive Strategies, L.L.C.
- Danny Noonan, professional football player, played for the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers
- Erwin Swiney, professional football player for the Green Bay Packers
- "2005–06 School Colors and Mascots". Nebraska School Activities Association. Retrieved 2015-03-02.
- "ARMSTRONG, William Lester, (1937 - )". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- "Shawn Bouwens". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- "Joba Chamberlain". Baseball-Reference.Com. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- "Gene V Glass Interview on Inside the Academy".
- "Trevor Johnson". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Kerrey, J. Robert, (1943 - )". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- "Danny Noonan". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved October 6, 2012.