Lincoln Square (Bellevue)
|Constructed||2001–2005 (Phase I)
2014–present (Phase II)
|Opening||November 1, 2005
2017 (planned Phase II)
|Use||Mixed-use (Retail, Office, Housing, Hotel)|
|Owner||Kemper Development Company|
|Cost||$360 million (Phase I)|
Lincoln Square is a mixed-use urban development in Bellevue, Washington, owned by prominent local developer Kemper Freeman. Lincoln Square, located along Bellevue Way between NE 6th and NE 8th streets, consists of two skyscrapers with retail and restaurant space, and a movie theater; and a 148-room residential tower and 337-room luxury hotel (One Lincoln Tower); and underground parking. The development constitutes part of "The Bellevue Collection", which consists of Freeman's properties in downtown Bellevue alongside Bellevue Place and Bellevue Square. The office tower is leased to Eddie Bauer's corporate headquarters and Microsoft; the hotel is occupied by Westin Hotels & Resorts.
The first phase was completed in November 2005, after Freeman acquired a majority stake in the project in 2003. A $1.2 billion expansion, consisting of two mixed-use towers, was announced in 2013 and began construction in 2014; the project is scheduled to be completed in 2017 alongside an expansion of the Bellevue Square mall.
- Eddie Bauer
- Westin Hotels & Resorts
- The Pokémon Company International (planned)
- Valve Corporation (planned)
- W Hotels (planned)
The Westin hotel occupies One Lincoln Tower, the southern tower of Lincoln Square.
- Lincoln Square at Emporis
- Bolt, Kristen Millares; Cook, John (April 6, 2005). "A new Bellevue rising: Big-thinking Kemper Freeman Jr. thinking even bigger". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Lang Jones, Jeanne (October 30, 2005). "Grand plans: Lincoln Square opens". Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Pristin, Terry (December 7, 2005). "Running a Seattle-Area Mall as a Family Business". The New York Times. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "Kemper Freeman takes majority stake in Lincoln Square". Puget Sound Business Journal. May 15, 2003. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "Kemper announces $1.2 billion expansion". Bellevue Reporter. May 20, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Bhatt, Sanjay; González, Ángel (September 10, 2015). "Lincoln Square expansion lands Canadian backing". The Seattle Times. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Bhatt, Sanjay (March 23, 2015). "Bellevue’s Lincoln Square to have a W Hotel". The Seattle Times. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Stiles, Marc (Dec 5, 2016). "Pokemon signs big office lease in new Bellevue tower". BizJournals. Retrieved Dec 5, 2016.
- Levy, Nat (August 3, 2016). "Valve leases nine floors in planned skyscraper, more than doubling its headquarters size". GeekWire. Retrieved August 3, 2016.