Lincoln Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota
|Lincoln Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||991 ft (302 m)|
|• Density||6.3/sq mi (2.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664785|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.0 square miles (93 km2), all of it land.
- Perth at
- Butternut Valley Township (north)
- Judson Township (northeast)
- Garden City Township (east)
- Vernon Center Township (southeast)
- Ceresco Township (south)
- Fieldon Township, Watonwan County (southwest)
- Madelia Township, Watonwan County (west)
The township includes the following cemeteries: Lincoln and North Lincoln.
As of the census of 2000, there were 227 people, 90 households, and 66 families residing in the township. The population density was 6.3 people per square mile (2.4/km²). There were 94 housing units at an average density of 2.6/sq mi (1.0/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.12% White, 0.44% Asian, 0.44% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.44% of the population.
There were 90 households out of which 28.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 67.8% were married couples living together, 3.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.6% were non-families. 24.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the township the population was spread out with 26.9% under the age of 18, 2.6% from 18 to 24, 24.2% from 25 to 44, 25.1% from 45 to 64, and 21.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 110.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.1 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $43,125, and the median income for a family was $49,688. Males had a median income of $28,750 versus $23,500 for females. The per capita income for the township was $23,559. About 3.5% of families and 5.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen and 5.4% of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Lincoln Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 61.