|Linda S. Bolon|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 1st district
January 2, 2007-December 31, 2010
|Preceded by||Chuck Blasdel|
|Succeeded by||Craig Newbold|
June 22, 1948 |
|Alma mater||Columbus University|
Linda S. Bolon is a Democratic politician who served as a member of the Ohio House of Representatives, representing the 1st District from 2007 to 2010. A lifelong resident of Columbiana County, Bolon graduated from Columbus University. She began a career in auditing, serving as the treasurer of the East Palestine School District before moving on to serve as an auditor for the State of Ohio.
In 1995, Bolon was elected to the East Palestine City Council. She served in the capacity of a councilwoman for four years, until becoming Columbiana County Treasurer in 1999. Originally appointed, she won election to a full term in 2000. She won a second full term in 2004.
With Republican Chuck Blasdel running for Congress in 2006, Bolon sought his open seat in the Ohio House of Representatives. Facing Jim Hoppel, a county commissioner, she won handily. She easily won reelection in 2008, to a second term.
By her second term, Bolon was serving in various leadership positions, notably as majority whip. She also served in various committee chairmanships. However, in 2010, Republicans saw her as a potential pick-up, although not a top tier target. However, in an overwhelmingly Republican year, Bolon was defeated by political newcomer Craig Newbold. Following her defeat, Bolon returned to East Palestine.
- "Beaver Trustees set higher levee". Youngstown Vindicator. 1980-08-25. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- Tullis, Nancy (1996-09-25). "Council finds funds to fix vine street sewer". Youngstown Vindicator. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- Leigh, Norman (2003-10-23). "Bolon says she'll run again in 04". Youngstown Vindicator. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Voters choose Letson over Law". Youngstown Vindicator. 2006-11-08. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- Skolnick, David (2010-11-04). "State legislators concerned about impact on Valley". Youngstown Vindicator. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- The Ohio Ladies' Gallery: Rep. Linda Bolon (D-Columbiana)
- Linda S. Bolon for State Representative campaign website
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Linda S. Bolon (OH) profile
- Follow the Money - Linda Bolon
- 2006 campaign contributions