Linda Bradford Raschke
Linda Bradford Raschke
Linda Sue Bradford
Pasadena, California, United States
|Alma mater||Occidental College|
|Occupation||Commodities and Futures Trader|
She started as a member of the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange, traded on the Philadelphia Exchange, and then became a registered CTA (Commodity Trading Advisor) and founded LBR Asset Management. She retired in 2015 and currently maintains her own private trading operation.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Raschke began her professional trading career in 1981 as a market maker in equity options as a member of two exchanges. She began her trading career on the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange and later moved to the Philadelphia Stock Exchange. She became a registered CTA (Commodity Trading Advisor) in 1992. Since then, she has been the principle trader for several funds and started her own hedge fund in 2002 for which she was the CPO (Commodity Pool Operator).
Raschke has been a full-time professional trader for over 40 years, and was featured in Jack Schwager's book, The New Market Wizards, as well as the CNBC financial reporter Sue Herera's book, Women of the Street: Making It On Wall Street -- The World's Toughest Business.
In 1995, Raschke co-authored the best selling book, Street Smarts—High Probability Short Term Trading Strategies, with Laurence A. Connors. She has served on the board of directors for the Market Technicians Association and was president of the American Association of Professional Technical Analysts.
Raschke has presented her research and lectured on trading for many globally recognized authorities, including: The Managed Futures Association, American Association of Professional Technical Analysts, International Federation of Technical Analysts, Market Technicians Association, and Bloomberg. She has taught professional and bank traders in over 22 different countries. Additionally, she has been featured in several financial publications, radio, and financial television programs.
After she retired from the professional managed money industry, she wrote and published, "Trading Sardines: Lessons in the Market From a Lifelong Trader". It can be found on her website, Lindaraschke.net.
- Schwager, Jack D. (1992). The New Market Wizards. 11 pages: Wiley; New Ed edition. ISBN 0-471-13236-5.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Herera, Sue (1998). Women of the Street: Making It on Wall Street. Whole Chapter: Wiley. ISBN 0-471-24840-1.
- Bensignor, Rick (2000). New Thinking in Technical Analysis: Trading Models from the Masters.
- Collins, Art (2002). When Supertraders Meet Kryptonite.
- Lo, Andrew and Hasanhodzic, Jasmina (2009). The Heretics of Finance: Conversations with Leading Practitioners of Technical Analysis.
- Bourquin, Tim (2013). Traders at Work: How the World's Most Successful Traders Make their Living in the Markets.
- William, Jason (2013). The Mental Edge in Trading: Adapt Your Personality Traits and Control Your Emotions to Make Smarter Investments.
- "Linda Bradford Raschke – 50 Time Tested Classic Stock Trading Rules". www.tischendorf.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Linda Raschke's 12 Technical Trading Rules – New Trader U -". New Trader U. Retrieved 18 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Market Leader : News :: "Panteon-Finance" Presents a New Contest "Miss Investor 2015"". www.profi-forex.us. Retrieved 18 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "LBR's Raschke Says Trading Options Provides More Bang for the Buck". Traders Magazine Online News. Retrieved 18 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)