Cardellini at the 2011
Deauville American Film Festival
|Born||Linda Edna Cardellini
June 25, 1975
Redwood City, California, U.S.
|Education||Loyola Marymount University|
|Occupation||Actress, Voice actress|
|Partner(s)||Steven Rodriguez (2009-present; engaged since 2013)|
Linda Edna Cardellini (born June 25, 1975) is an American actress and voice actor. She is known for her roles as Lindsay Weir on Freaks and Geeks, Samantha Taggart on ER, Velma Dinkley in the live-action Scooby-Doo feature films, Sylvia Rosen, a neighbor of Don Draper's, on the AMC drama series Mad Men, Meg Rayburn on the Netflix original series Bloodline, Cassie in Brokeback Mountain, and Laura Barton in Avengers: Age of Ultron. She is also known for voicing roles in animated projects such as CJ in Regular Show, Wendy Corduroy in Gravity Falls, and Megan in Sanjay and Craig.
Cardellini was born in Redwood City, California, the daughter of Lorraine (née Hernan), a homemaker, and Wayne David Cardellini, a businessman. She is the youngest of four children. Cardellini is of Italian (from her paternal grandfather), Irish (her mother), German, English, and Scottish descent, and was raised Catholic. She made her first public appearance at age 10, when she sang in a school play. Subsequently, she acted in several school productions and started attending drama lessons. She graduated from nearby Mountain View's Catholic St. Francis High School in 1993, then moved to Los Angeles to seek roles in television and film. Cardellini was a contestant in a 1994 episode of The Price Is Right, winning a fireplace.
Cardellini received her first big break role in 1996 when she landed a starring role as Sarah on ABC's Saturday morning live-action children's series, Bone Chillers. Following this, she made guest appearances on prime-time programs such as Step by Step, Clueless, 3rd Rock from the Sun, and Boy Meets World as Lauren, a girl that came between the show's star couple. Cardellini co-starred in the AMC mini-series The Lot in 1999, and spent the summer in Europe as part of a touring production of Lancelot, a fourteenth-century Dutch tragedy.
Cardellini had her first major success when she landed one of the starring roles in the NBC series Freaks and Geeks, which debuted during the 1999–2000 season. As Lindsay Weir, an honor student in the midst of an identity crisis, Cardellini earned positive response that subsequently catapulted her to fame. Cardellini starred in the live-action adaptation of Scooby-Doo in 2002, in which she played the cartoon character Velma Dinkley. She later reprised the role of Velma in 2004's Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. She joined the cast of the hospital drama ER in 2003 as Samantha Taggart, a free-spirited nurse. Cardellini acted for six seasons on ER, until the series finale, "And in the End...", and with the cast won the TV Land ensemble Icon Award in 2009.
Her other film work includes roles in Dead Man on Campus, Strangeland, Good Burger, Legally Blonde, Brokeback Mountain (for which she was nominated for the ensemble Gotham and Screen Actors Guild awards), and a starring role in the Happy Madison film Grandma's Boy as Samantha. She was the voice of Ursula in the role-playing video game, Gladius, and played the voice of Bliss Goode on the ABC animated series The Goode Family. In 2007, Cardellini was chosen to play lovelorn Clara in the CBS miniseries Comanche Moon, a prequel to 1989's Lonesome Dove.
In 2010 and 2011, Cardellini returned to the stage with the Dr. God comedy group in Los Angeles and San Francisco, appeared in Kill the Irishman and Super, and starred in the independent film Return.
Cardellini appeared with cast members and producers of Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared at the Paley Center for Media PaleyFest on March 12, 2011. Since June 15, 2012, she has been the voice of Wendy on the Disney Channel show Gravity Falls.
In 2013, Cardellini was chosen to play Sylvia Rosen, a love interest of Don Draper on Mad Men. For her performance on Mad Men, she received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series. Starting in 2015, she joined Kyle Chandler on a new Netflix series Bloodline from the creators of Damages. The show was cancelled in 2016, and will end after its third season.
Cardellini attended Loyola Marymount University's College of Communication and Fine Arts, graduating in 2000 with a degree in theatre arts. In 2007, she was recognized as a "Distinguished Alumnus" by the university.
In October 2011, Cardellini and her boyfriend Steven Rodriguez announced her pregnancy. Cardellini gave birth to their daughter Lilah-Rose in February 2012. Cardellini and Rodriguez became engaged in June 2013.
|1998||Dead Man on Campus||Kelly|
|1999||Prince and the Surfer, TheThe Prince and the Surfer||Melissa|
|2001||Legally Blonde||Chutney Wyndham|
|2001||Unsaid, TheThe Unsaid||Shelly Hunter|
|2002||Certainly Not a Fairytale||Adelle/Writer||Short film|
|2004||Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed||Velma Dinkley|
|2004||Jiminy Glick in Lalawood||Natalie Coolidge|
|2005||Brokeback Mountain||Cassie Cartwright|
|2005||American Gun||Mary Ann Wilk|
|2008||Lazarus Project, TheThe Lazarus Project||Julie Ingram|
|2011||Kill the Irishman||Joan Madigan|
|2011||Super||Pet Store Employee|
|2011||All-Star Superman||Nasthalthia "Nasty" Luthor (voice)||Direct-to-DVD|
|2014||Welcome to Me||Gina|
|2015||Avengers: Age of Ultron||Laura Barton|
|2015||Daddy's Home||Sara Whitaker|
|2016||The Founder||Joan Smith|
|1996||Bone Chillers||Sarah||13 episodes|
|1997||3rd Rock from the Sun||Lorna||Episode: "Dickmalion"|
|1997||Pacific Palisades||Sara||2 episodes|
|1997||Clueless||Oddrey||Episode: "Chick Fight Tonight"|
|1997||Step by Step||Cassie Evans||Episode: "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"|
|1998||Promised Land||Amber||Episode: "Chasin' the Blues"|
|1998||Kenan & Kel||Becky||Episode: "Chicago Witch Trials"|
|1998–1999||Guys Like Us||Jude||6 episodes|
|1998–1999||Boy Meets World||Lauren||4 episodes|
|1999||Dying to Live||Leslie Dugger||Television film|
|1999||The Lot||June Parker||4 episodes|
|1999–2000||Freaks and Geeks||Lindsay Weir||18 episodes|
|2003||The Twilight Zone||Ali Warner||Episode: "The Path"|
|2003–2009||ER||Samantha Taggart||128 episodes|
|2005–2012||Robot Chicken||Velma Dinkley / Various voices||3 episodes|
|2007||Human Giant||Melody Richards||Episode: "Mind Explosion"|
|2008||Comanche Moon||Clara Forsythe||3 episodes|
|2009||Cupid||Masseuse||Episode: "My Fair Masseuse" (uncredited)|
|2009||The Goode Family||Bliss Goode (voice)||13 episodes|
|2011||Person of Interest||Dr. Megan Tillman||Episode: "Cura Te Ipsum"|
|2011–2013||Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated||Marcy 'Hot Dog Water' Fleach / Various voices||8 episodes|
|2012–present||Regular Show||C.J. (voice)||24 episodes|
|2012–2016||Gravity Falls||Wendy Corduroy (voice)||31 episodes|
|2013||Out There||Sharla Lemoyne (voice)||5 episodes|
|2013–2015||Mad Men||Sylvia Rosen||9 episodes|
|2013–2016||Sanjay and Craig||Megan Sparkles / Various voices||38 episodes|
|2014||New Girl||Abby Day||3 episodes|
|2015–present||Bloodline||Meg Rayburn||23 episodes|
|TBA||Fresh Pretty Cure!||Eas/Setsuna Higashi/Cure Passion|
|2002||"Land of a Million Drums"||Outkast|
|2008||"Sing Along"||Virginia Coalition|
|2004||Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed||Velma Dinkley|
|2012||Lollipop Chainsaw||Cordelia Starling|
Awards and nominations
|2005||Gotham Awards||Best Ensemble Cast||Brokeback Mountain||Nominated|
|2006||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2009||TV Land Awards||Icon||ER||Won|
|2013||Independent Spirit Awards||Best Female Lead||Return||Nominated|
|Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series||Mad Men||Nominated|
- "Knockout Nerd - Scooby-Doo, Linda Cardellini". People. July 1, 2002. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Interview/Review: Linda Cardellini On Researching 'Return', Michael Shannon And Being A First-Time Mom". Starpulse.com. February 10, 2012. Retrieved June 9, 2013.
- "Linda Cardellini Biography". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- Watkins, Gwynne (June 12, 2013). "The Mad Men GQ+A: Linda Cardellini on Sylvia Rosen's Extramarital Bombshell: The Q". GQ. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- Petrozzello, Donna (August 19, 1999). "Young Actress Takes Shine To Playing A Movie Starlet". New York Daily News.
- Linda Cardellini. AskMen.com.
- "Linda Cardellini Made Her First Television Appearance As A Contestant On 'The Price Is Right' (VIDEO)".
- MacIntyre, April (April 9, 2009). "TV Land Awards gives Icon award to 'ER'". Monsters and Critics.
- Gotham Awards Nominations Announced. FilmMakerMagazine.com, October 25, 2005.
- "12th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards and Nominees". Screen Actors Guild. 2006.
- Stransky, Tanner (August 17, 2007). "Where are the 'Freaks and Geeks' now?". Entertainment Weekly.
- "Angels & Prophets: Linda Cardellini". drgodcomedy.com.
- "Performers 2011 Line Up : Linda Cardellini". SFSketchFest.com.
- "Freaks and Geeks / Undeclared Reunion". PaleyCenter.org. March 12, 2011. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- "Freaks and Geeks Still Rocks". IGN. March 14, 2011. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- "About the Show and the Segments Within - Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars". The Thrilling Adventure Hour. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- Campos, Nicole (June 8, 2010). "Martians and Superheroes and Nazis, Oh My!: 'Adventure Hour' Thrills Sell-Out Largo Crowd". Public Spectacle art blog (We Recommend). LA Weekly. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- "Norbert Leo Butz Joins Netflix's Drama Series From 'Damages' Creators Todd A. Kessler, Glenn Kessler & Daniel Zelman". TVWise. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- Prudom, Laura. "'Bloodline' Ending After Season 3 on Netflix". Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "LA Leaders, LMU Distinguished Alumni Reception 2007". Loyola Marymount University. February 22, 2007. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- "Distinguished Alumni Awardees 1970-present". Loyola Marymount University. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- "This breakup really broke up Jason Segel". Los Angeles Times. April 13, 2008. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Linda Cardellini Expecting First Child – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. June 22, 2011. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "Linda Cardellini Welcomes Daughter Lilah-Rose". People. March 6, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Linda Cardellini Engaged: 'Freaks And Geeks' Actress And Boyfriend Steven Rodriguez Set To Wed". The Huffington Post. June 7, 2013. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "SEARCHLAB/Shorts: Certainly Not A Fairy Tale". Fox Searchlight SearchLab. January 4, 2007. Archived from the original on October 25, 2010.