Linda Carty (sociologist)
Dr Linda Carty is a sociologist, activist, feminist and educator from Canada . She is also an author and essayist and has also made contributions on environmental justice issues in Onondaga County in Ms Magazine.
Carty received her PhD from the University of Toronto in 1989. She currently teaches at Syracuse University in the Department of African American Studies at Syracuse university. She previously served as the Chair for this department. She is also a professor of Sociology with the Maxwell school of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse.
- "Not a Nanny: A Gendered, Transnational Analysis of Caribbean Domestic Workers in New York City", in Decolonizing the Academy: Diaspora Theory and African New-World Studies, 2003.
- "Gender Relations at the University of the West Indies: The More Things Change the More they Remain the Same", in UWI, You/We Journal, Vol.8, 2002.
- "The Discourse of Empire and the Social Construction of Gender", in Scratching the Surface: Canadian Anti-Racist Feminist Thought, 2000.
- We're Rooted Here and They Can't Pull Us Up': Essays in African Canadian Women's History, 1994 (co-authored with Afua Cooper, Peggy Bristow, Dionne Brand et al.).
- And Still We Rise: Feminist Political Mobilizing in Contemporary Canada (ed.), 1993, ISBN 978-0-88961-177-1.
- Unsettling Relations: The University as a Site of Feminist Struggles, 1992 by Linda Carty (co-authored with Susan Heald, Himani Bannerji, Kari Dehli, et al.)
- Scratching the surface: Canadian ... - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- Ms., Spring 2007, Linda Carty: "The Dirty Saga of Onondaga County".
- Pan African Studies at Syracuse University Newsletter 2007-2008 "AAS Faculty - Linda Carty", Department of African American Studies Pan-African Studies at Syracuse University, 2007-2008, p 21.
- April 2, 2007, "SU’s Department of African American Studies Receives Major Ford Grant for 'Gender and Environmental Justice' Project".
- Pan-African Studies at Syracuse University Newsletter 2007-2008 "AAS Faculty - Linda Carty", Department of African American Studies Pan African Studies at Syracuse University, 2007-2008, p 21.
- "Linda Carty". Syracuse University. 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
|This biography of a Canadian sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|