This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Linda Chorney (1960) is an American singer-songwriter and award-winning filmmaker, originally from Sudbury, Massachusetts.
Grammy Nominee, Multiple Award Winning Filmmaker of Feature Film, WHEN I SING; Author, Public Speaker, Humanitarian, Singer-Songwriter Linda Chorney, made history as the first independent artist to be nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Americana Album in 2012, via social media. She is the poster child for independent artists, doing it her way.
In 2018, Chorney released her life's story, WHEN I SING, which she wrote, produced, and stars in. It has been critically acclaimed in reviews. WINNER People's Choice Award, at its Hollywood Premiere, Hollywood Reel Film Festival, WINNER, Remi Award, Best Feature Film, Low Budget, Houston World Fest, WINNER, Best Screenplay, Best U.S. Feature Film, Grand Jury Award, Borderlands Film Festival.
 She is a 1978 graduate of Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School and studied at the University of Miami. Her album, Emotional Jukebox, is one of five nominated for the 2012 Grammy Award in the category of Best Americana Album. Her nomination, gained through a voting process on the website Grammy365.com, was discussed on blogs and social networks by members of the Americana music community and unfoundedly considered "gaming the system" by some, due to her relatively unknown status.
In 2013, Chorney released a book Who the F**K Is Linda Chorney. In 2015 Chorney helped fund a bronze statue of a victim of the 2013 Boston Marathon Tragedy at Bridgewater State University, through the efforts of her song, "Martin".
In 2016, she produced her first documentary The Opening Act, which garnered 2 Best Documentary Awards and in 2018 Chorney produced her first feature film,When I Sing, currently touring the Film Festival Circuit, racking up numerous awards.
Linda also is responsible for cheating her way to get a Grammy nominee by buying votes online ....[source?]
- Mt Blunt Instrument (1995)
- Racing With Reality (1998)
- Me So Chorney (2001)
- 1 Kiss at a Time (2005)
- CHORNographEY (2008) – released July 23, 2008
- Emotional Jukebox (2011) – released January 8, 2011
- Oysters (2016)
- Halperin, Shirley (February 10, 2012). "How Linda Chorney Scored a Grammy Nom Without Registering a Single Album Sale (Video)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Variety "Grammy's self-help poster girl". Variety. December 10, 2011. Retrieved December 13, 2011.
- Billboard "How Linda Chorney, an Unknown, Scored a Grammy Nomination". Billboard. December 13, 2011.
- Reed, Jams (February 9, 2012). "Social networking helps singer land unlikely Grammy nod". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on July 12, 2012. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- USA Today 2015 Over the past two years, Guerina collaborated with two other artists — Linda Chorney and David Wells Roth, a portrait artist from Massachusetts — to create the statue.
- New Jersey Stage, – Gary Wein, April 3, 2016 In 2012, Chorney stunned the world when she was nominated for a Grammy for Best Americana Album as an independent artist with Emotional Jukebox. With her new film, The Opening Act, she once again pulls back the curtain;
- Arizona Daily Star January 5, 2017 Linda Chorney is making a movie, and she wants Tucson's help
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|