|Born||Linda L. Doucett
1954 (age 62–63)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
|Partner(s)||Garry Shandling (1987–1994)|
Linda L. Doucett (born 1954) is an American actress and model. She is most notable for her supporting role on The Larry Sanders Show and appearing in Playboy magazine. She also appeared in Herman's Head, Tales from the Crypt and a made-for-TV movie.
From 1992-1994 she played Darlene Chapinni, a devoted assistant to the titular host's sidekick Hank Kingsley, on the popular HBO sitcom The Larry Sanders Show. She was a regular for the first three seasons and replaced by Scott Thompson in 1994 after the first episode of the fourth season.
In 1993 she posed in the September issue of Playboy magazine. The release of that issue of Playboy coincided with the episode Broadcast Nudes of The Larry Sanders Show where her character is fictionally asked to pose for Playboy as well.
Doucett met Garry Shandling at a party and dated him from 1987 to 1994. In 1994, when their relationship ended, Shandling had her dismissed from The Larry Sanders Show. In turn, Doucett filed a lawsuit against Shandling and producer Brad Grey's company, Brillstein-Grey Entertainment, for sexual harassment and wrongful termination, which was settled out of court in 1997 for $1 million.
- Belloni, Matt (April 6, 2009). Linda Doucett sues Anthony Pellicano, Brad Grey, Bert Fields. The Hollywood Reporter
- Halbfinger, David M. (March 13, 2006). "A Studio Boss and a Private Eye Star in a Bitter Hollywood Tale". The New York Times.
- Gliatto, Tom (August 9, 1993). "Cleared for Takeoff". People.
- Hope Weiner, Allison; Halbfinger, David M. (March 19, 2006). "Splitting Up, Hollywood-Style, Means a Settlement and a Script". The New York Times.
- Graser, Marc (March 19, 2008). "Doucett testifies at Pellicano trial". Variety.