Linda Gottlieb is an American television writer and film producer.
Early life and education
Examples of projects she has worked on include:
- Limbo (1972), film starring Kate Jackson
- The Immigrant Experience: The Long Long Journey (1972)
- The Fur Coat Club (1973), film short
- Summer of My German Soldier (1978), made-for-TV movie
- The Mating Season (1980)
- We're Fighting Back (1981), TV movie
- The Electric Grandmother (January 17, 1982), a television movie that originally aired on NBC as a 60-minute "Peacock Project" special
- Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Citizen Cohn (1992) cable TV film
- The Gentleman Bandit (2002)
- Soldier's Girl (2003)
Television episodes, series, and specials
- 13 Bourbon Street (1997), TV pilot
- ABC Afterschool Specials[which?]
- ABC Weekend Specials[which?]
- NBC Special Treat[which?]
- One Life to Live (Executive Producer: 1991-1994); replaced Paul Rauch; hired Michael Malone and Josh Griffith. Entertainment Weekly wrote: "OLTL (circa late 1991–1994) was airing some of the most literate drama ever to hit daytime—too good to be called 'soap opera.'"
- SoapLine, a TV series characterized as "a joint production of ABC News and ABC Daytime to bring viewers storyline updates, special features and interviews during breaks in live, pre-emptive coverage of the O. J. Simpson trial"
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gottlieb has worked with writer/producers such as Marsha Norman (in Face of a Stranger which was presented by Linda Gottlieb and which Norman was a writer on), and Frank Pierson (on Citizen Cohn and Soldier's Girl, the latter which Gottlieb produced and Pierson directed)
Awards and nominations
Gottlieb has been nominated for 5 Daytime Emmy Awards, Outstanding Children's Anthology/Dramatic Programming (1980), and Outstanding Children's Entertainment Special (1977 & 1979), for three Emmy Awards (1979, 1982 & 1993), and for an Independent Spirit Award (1988) and a Peabody Award.
- [dead link]
- "Getting Married: Linda Gottlieb - TV and Film Producer - Is Wed". The New York Times. October 7, 1991.
- Limbo. IMDb. 1972.
- The Immigrant Experience: The Long, Long Journey. IMDb. 1972.
- The Fur Coat Club. IMDb. 1973. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- Fighting Back. IMDb. 1981.
- 13 Bourbon Street. IMDb. 1997.
- SoapLine. IMDb.
- Prouty (28 March 1994). Variety TV REV 1991-92 17 (1 ed.). Routledge. ISBN 0824037960.
- "Showtime enlists in 'Soldier'". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- "Linda Gottlieb". Emmys. Emmys. Retrieved 2 October 2018.