Linda Jackson (businesswoman)
|Born||1959 (age 60–61)|
Coventry, West Midlands, England
|Education||University of Warwick|
|Title||Former CEO, Citroën|
|Term||June 2014-January 2020|
Linda Jackson grew up in Coventry. In 1977, she began working her first job in the auto industry in a temporary position as an accounting clerk at Jaguar. Later that year, she began working in a clerical position at MG Rover Group. During her time at the company, Rover sponsored her through an executive MBA (EMBA) program at Warwick Business School at the University of Warwick. She attended evening classes while working and completed the program between 1988 and 1992.
Jackson held multiple positions in finance and sales at Rover before being named finance director of Rover France in 1998. She was promoted to managing director in 2000, and European finance director in 2004.
In 2005, Jackson joined Citroën as finance director. In 2009, she became finance director of Citroën France before serving as the managing director for Citroën UK and Ireland from 2010-2014. Her main goal during this tenure was to boost brand recognition of Citroën in the UK, a market where Citroën remained a small player on a declining slope, and focused on the dealership distribution network.
In 2014, Jackson became the CEO of Citroën. She is the first English woman, and third woman overall, to run a major car company. During her time as CEO, Jackson began overseeing a plan to stabilize and secure profitability of the company.
Jackson met her late husband, David, at Jaguar while completing her EMBA. He died of cancer in the summer of 2014.
- "PSA web-site". Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "Citroen appoints Linda Jackson as new CEO". Auto Express. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "Linda Jackson, une patronne chevronnée pour Citroën". Le Monde.fr (in French). Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- Arlidge, John (2016-08-28). "Meet Linda from Coventry: she's in the driving seat at Citroën". The Sunday Times. ISSN 0956-1382. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Mystery Monday: Citroën Global CEO Linda Jackson discusses life in the driving seat". Goodwood. 2016-09-05. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- "Mystery Monday: Citroën Global CEO Linda Jackson discusses life in the driving seat". www.goodwood.com. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "Linda Jackson". Automotive News. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "How an EMBA fuelled Linda Jackson's drive to become Citroën CEO". Financial Times. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Playing the numb3rs" (PDF). MotorTrader Monthly. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- Campbell, Peter (2016-10-11). "How an EMBA fuelled Linda Jackson's drive to become Citroën CEO". Financial Times. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- Attwood, James (15 January 2020). "Citroen and DS get new bosses in PSA reshuffle". Autocar. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- "Why Citroen CEO Linda Jackson won Autocar's Great British Women Award | Autocar". www.autocar.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "Autocar names Citroën Global CEO Linda Jackson the most influential British woman in the motor industry". 2018-06-20. Retrieved 2018-07-11.