Linda K. Burton
|Linda K. Burton|
|16th Relief Society General President|
|March 31, 2012|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Predecessor||Julie B. Beck|
|Residence||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|Alma mater||University of Utah|
|Spouse(s)||Craig P. Burton|
Linda Kjar Burton (born October 19, 1952) is the general president of the Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). She was appointed on March 31, 2012, and is the sixteenth woman to hold this position.
Linda Kjar was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, to parents Morris Ashton Kjar and Marjorie Castleton, the second of six children. While in her adolescence, she accompanied her family to Christchurch, New Zealand while her father served as president of the church's New Zealand South Mission. While in New Zealand, she attended the Church College of New Zealand.
She married Craig Palmer Burton in 1973. She studied elementary education at the University of Utah. She and her husband are the parents of six children. From 2007 to 2010, she served with her husband while he presided over the Korea Seoul West Mission.
Burton worked briefly as an LDS seminary teacher, and served previously on the general boards of the church's Relief Society and Primary organizations. As president of the Relief Society, Burton is an ex officio member of the church's Boards of Trustees/Education.
- Van Leer, Twila (March 31, 2012). Deseret News http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765564839/LDS-Church-announces-changes-to-presiding-bishopric-Relief-Society-presidency-First-Quorum-of-the.html?pg=all. Archived from the original on 2014-11-26. Missing or empty
- "News Release", MormonNewsroom.org (LDS Church), March 31, 2012, archived from the original on 2014-11-26
- "Callings: Relief Society", LDS.org (LDS Church), archived from the original on 2014-11-26
- "Organization: General Auxiliaries", LDS.org (LDS Church), archived from the original on 2014-11-26
- Stack, Peggy (March 31, 2012). "New leaders for Mormon women". The Salt Lake Tribune. Archived from the original on 2014-11-26.
|The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints titles|
Julie B. Beck
| Relief Society General President
March 31, 2012