Linda L. M. Bennett
Linda Louise M. Bennett (born December 25, 1952, in Cincinnati) was named president of the University of Southern Indiana (USI) by its Board of Trustees effective 2009 July 1, incumbent president H. Ray Hoops retiring on 2009 June 30.
Bennett previously served at Wittenberg University, Northern Kentucky University, and Appalachian State University and as USI's provost and vice president for academic affairs. A professor of political science, Bennett has a publication record which includes joint-authorship, with her husband Stephen Earl Bennett, of Living with Leviathan: Americans Coming to Terms with Big Government (2007). According to Michael Margolis,
- No other book has ordered and analyzed a comparable set of data regarding attitudes toward the power of the federal government.
- Bennett named new USI president in Courier & Press (Evansville, Indiana), 2009 January 31; "USI names new president" in Inside Indiana Business, 2009 February 2. At the time of her selection to be president of USI, Bennett was one of five remaining applicants under consideration for the presidency of Southeastern Louisiana University at Hammond; see "Five finalists named for Southeastern Louisiana University presidency" as reported by WVLA Television Channel 33 (NBC-TV affiliate in Baton Rouge).
- Lawrence: University Press of Kansas. ISBN 978-0-7006-0432-6 (hardbound), ISBN 978-0-7006-0433-3 (paperbound).
- University Press of Kansas book site.
- Linda Bennett's curriculum vitae.