Linda Pritzker (Lama Tsomo) in 2014
|Occupation||Tibetan Lama, Author|
|Known for||Inheritance, Buddhism|
|Net worth||US$ 1.85 billion (November 2014)|
Linda Pritzker (born 1953 in Oberlin, Ohio) is a Jewish-American Tibetan Buddhist lama, author, and co-founder of the Namchak Foundation and Namchak Retreat Ranch in Missoula, Montana. She is a member of the Pritzker family and is also known by the name Lama Tsomo.
Pritzker was born in 1953, the second of three children born to Jewish-American businessman, Robert Pritzker, and Audrey Gilbert. She has two siblings: Jennifer N. Pritzker (b. James, 1950), a retired Lt Colonel in the U.S. Army and founder of the Pritzker Military Library, and Karen Pritzker (b. 1958).
Her parents divorced in 1979. In 1981, her mother remarried Albert B. Ratner, the co-chairman of Cleveland-based real estate developer Forest City Enterprises. In 1980, her father remarried to Irene Dryburgh with whom he had two children: Matthew Pritzker and Liesel Pritzker Simmons.
After earning a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology and working as a psychotherapist for several years, Pritzker began a spiritual path to Tibetan Buddhism.
Pritzker was ordained a lama in February 2005 by Tulku Sangak Rinpoche, a Tibetan meditation master and world holder of the Namchak Lineage, a branch of the Nyingma path of Tibetan Buddhism. She began studying with Rinpoche in 1995 and she is fluent in Tibetan.
- The Princess Who Wept Pearls: The Feminine Journey in Fairy Tales
- “Ani Tsering Wangmo: A Life of Merit” in Lion’s Roar Newsletter, March 2010.
- “Coming Home” in Originally Blessed. Oakland, CA: Creation Spirituality Communities, 2008.
- “Dharmasala” in Lion’s Roar Newsletter, August 2007.
- “Shedra” in Lion’s Roar Newsletter, February 2006.
- van Gelder, Sarah. "How an American lama finds joy during turbulent times". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Linda Pritzker October 2015
- "Who is Lama Tsomo". Namchak. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Linda Pritzker, Forbes (October 2006)
- CNN Money: "THE PRITZKERS UNVEILING A PRIVATE FAMILY Can you believe it? These billionaires actually like each other. But as Pritzkers proliferate, a worry arises: Can they maintain their striking success – and keep everyone happy?", Ford S. Worthy, April 25, 1988
- Yale University: "Slow readers, creative thinkers: gift will spur dyslexia studies - New center will explore links between reading problems, creativity" retrieved December 21, 2012
- Encyclopedia of Cleveland History: "Biography of the Ratner Family" retrieved December 21, 2012
- Geidner, Chris (August 23, 2013). "Billionaire Backer Of Open Transgender Military Service Comes Out As Transgender". BuzzFeed. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Pritzker Military Library website: "Colonel (IL) J. N. Pritzker, IL ARNG (Retired)" retrieved December 21, 2012
- "Linda Pritzker Lama Tsomo". Linda Pritzker. August 21, 2015. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "The Princess Who Wept Pearls".