Linda Ridgway (born 1947) is an American artist who was born in Jeffersonville, Indiana. She received a B.F.A. from the Louisville School of Art and an M.F.A. from Tulane University. She has participated in various solo and group exhibitions including Linda Ridgway: A Survey, Poetics of Form at the Glassell School of Art at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas and the Dallas Museum of Art, Texas in 1997-98; and One Hundred Years: The Permanent Collection of the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. She currently lives and works in Dallas, Texas.
Ridgway was trained as a printmaker, but is best known for her delicate sculptures based on plants and clothing. The vine-like bronze sculpture The Dance demonstrates this synthesis of bronze and plants. The Dallas Museum of Art, the El Paso Museum of Art, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, The Phillips Collection (Washington DC), and the Frederick R. Weisman Art Foundation (Los Angeles) are among the public collections holding works by Linda Ridgway.
- Bouchard, Kevin. “Linda Ridgway: Consider.” Artlies, Winter 2003-04: 76.
- Dumbadze, Alexander. “Linda Ridgway: Poetry of Line, Women and Their Work.” Art Papers, September/October, 1998, p. 55-56.
- Emenhiser, Karen. “Linda Ridgway.” Detour, June 1991, p. 71.
- Graze, Sue, Linda Ridgway: A Survey, The Poetics of Form, Dallas, Dallas Museum of Art, 1997. ISBN 0890900876
- Moody, Tom. “Linda Ridgway.” Artforum, October 1991, p. 133-134.
- Huerta, Benito. “Linda Ridgway „Visual Essays‟: Gerald Peters Gallery.” Artlies, Fall, 1996, p.44.
- Lightman, Victoria Hodge. “Houston: Linda Ridgway.” Sculpture, March, 1998, p. 68.
- Mitchell, Charles Dee. “Linda Ridgway at Gerald Peters.” Art in America, September, 1994.
- Mitchell, Charles Dee. “Ridgway: Always keeping good form.” The Dallas Morning News, Sunday, January 18, 1998.
- Robertson, Tracee W. “The Studio is the Heart of this House: Linda Ridgway,” Artl!es, Fall 2004. P. 34-35.
- Weinstein, Joel. “Linda Ridgway: The Dallas Museum of Art.” Artlies, Spring, 1998, p. 54.